3 SHADES OF BLUE and friends Denver, Co

5 minutes ago, BDCorno said:

Can't say I loved the ending, but they were asked to do some incredible stuff and pulled it off. Not a crowd-based show for sure.

The gate turns at 9:00 are worth the price of admission. Wow.
https://youtu.be/tJFP_uRvoH0

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlueStainGlass said:

Why is it when BD wins people complain about "standing", "no demand", and "only playing to the judges"? Last year's Bluecoats show barely marched (stood/sat the whole ballad), demand was hip swaying and 1 forced arch, and only won GE which is based really on the judges. 

Why is it when Bluecoats win some people complain that they ONLY won GE ignoring the FACT that they also won MUSIC?  Maybe it's because Music is also "based really on the judges"???

Congrats to the Blue Devils for their great performance last night!!!  At the moment there's two California corps sitting at the top.  Been a long time since we could say that.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

Why is it when Bluecoats win some people complain that they ONLY won GE ignoring the FACT that they also won MUSIC?  Maybe it's because Music is also "based really on the judges"???

Congrats to the Blue Devils for their great performance last night!!!  At the moment there's two California corps sitting at the top.  Been a long time since we could say that.

Your Bluecoats are so freaking talented. They are scary good. Looking forward to Monday's matchup of my beloved Devils against Bloo. It's gonna be a dogfight. Bloo is far from finished. My Devils better be ready.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, DCIat14 said:

OC & Cascades both took a dip in scores - Cascades pretty significantly.  What needs to happen for these two corps to progress upward?

Columbians taking second to Battalion was a pretty big shock - they had a really solid show!  Battalion sounded great though & had bigger numbers.

Regarding OC's drop:  Yes, they took .5 dip BUT looking at the recap, there are some good take-aways.  Colorguard took 5th - which for OC colorguard is a big accomplishment.  They finally held their place in GE but were docked in the visual caption, which is OK because they can clean.  Percussion and brass were strong as always - with music 5th overall.  

Really not a bad night for OC.  They are under the radar and maybe that's not such a bad place to be while they continue to tidy things up.

The worst part of this though is OC could get a REALLY bad draw for San Antonio.

Edited by luv4corps
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, oldbandguy said:

They won music, but didn't place first in any of the music captions. Kudos to them, but there is more to the story.

10 minutes ago, friendwhale said:

...So I guess we're all not going to talk about the Mandarins' pillow people? I think they look adorable and I have no clue why

In keeping with the whole Rorschach thingy, I interpreted them to be Corn Hole bean bags.  :laughing:

• Like 2