Brass Impact - Olathe, KS - July 17

I'll give Chris Buttars a lot of credit here. He is a loyal fan of Cascades. Maybe he even instructs or volunteers. I don't know. But his Periscope site is full of only Cascade video when it comes to drum corps. Good for him. And I'm sure too much Periscoping drains the battery and who knows how long he needs that phone. I would be nice to see some other shows.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, mcjordansc said:

Phantom is also better in person. If they were a corps at the bottom of the top twelve trying to move up I would be excited. But they are Phantom Regiment, do not quite what I or the crowd hoped for. I think it may be difficult for them to stay in front of the Stars all the way to finals. 

I did like their arrangements and guard. 

Reread and I was a little too hard on them. The show flows well and has some beautiful moments. They have work to do, but are a solid top ten corps.

I have always enjoyed/appreciated most every corps in person more than what I see from video.  Phantom is no exception.  The one exception I've had this year was when I saw SCV in Rockford.  It was a harder run that particular night due to the wind catching their props but I think overall I had built them up higher in my mind than where they were at the time.  I suspect when I see them again in Nashville, the run will match my expectations.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jwillis35 said:

I'll give Chris Buttars a lot of credit here. He is a loyal fan of Cascades. Maybe he even instructs or volunteers. I don't know. But his Periscope site is full of only Cascade video when it comes to drum corps. Good for him. And I'm sure too much Periscoping drains the battery and who knows how long he needs that phone. I would be nice to see some other shows.

We're just being greedy.  I'm happy to see that he's an avid supporter of the Cascades! 

• Like 1

By the way, I watched that Seattle Cascade show that buttars has up. WOW!  I am very impressed with Seattle this year and I love the music. great job!!!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

We're just being greedy.  I'm happy to see that he's an avid supporter of the Cascades! 

Well I'm not being greedy, I'm being demanding.  :laughing:

• Like 2

Cadets have a beautiful show. The choir blends well. The entire corps seemed on tonight. The crowd loved them. I am not sure where they end up this year, but top six seems like a reasonable prediction. A really good drum corps.

Edited by mcjordansc
  • Like 4

If you're not super religious, I can certainly see why this show may rub you the wrong way. It can be a little preachy at times. That being said, I really enjoyed it! The mix between the choir and horns was fine for my tastes. I was sitting directly in front of one of their speakers though so other places in he stands may sound different.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1