Brass Impact - Olathe, KS - July 17

1 minute ago, mcjordansc said:

You need to get them elsewhere. 

By bad.  It's crownisking that is posting.

Blue Stars were great! Their guard is underrated! The show reads better in person for me but that's not necessarily a bad thing.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 5

Blue Stars are strong in all sections. They have so much going on it is easy to miss things. The band kids went crazy for all the big guard tricks. I believe they hit them all. Blue Stars always add as the season goes on. I think there is more to come, especially visual late in the show. Loved the Stars tonight. 

I will say Blue Stars are better in person. You can see all the little things they are doing. 

Edited by mcjordansc
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I watched a periscope of Cascades.  They look really good!  Great job!   Chris Buttars was periscoping. 

Any chance you have the link to the periscope?

• Like 1

Just now, Zeke said:

Any chance you have the link to the periscope?

I don't know how to do that but the person doing the periscope was Chris Buttars. I think that was all he was doing though.  No more scopes so far.  

• Like 1

I know this show isn't scoring well and I don't care! This is the most I've enjoyed a Phantom show since 2012!

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 3

Learned something new tonight. The music in the song  All By My Self sung by Harry Nilsson is from Rachmaninoff's Piano Concerto No. 2. 

Phantom is also better in person. If they were a corps at the bottom of the top twelve trying to move up I would be excited. But they are Phantom Regiment, do not quite what I or the crowd hoped for. I think it may be difficult for them to stay in front of the Stars all the way to finals. 

I did like their arrangements and guard. 

Reread and I was a little too hard on them. The show flows well and has some beautiful moments. They have work to do, but are a solid top ten corps.

Edited by mcjordansc
  • Like 1

Just now, crownisking said:

I know this show isn't scoring well and I don't care! This is the most I've enjoyed a Phantom show since 2012!

It's a very enjoyable show! Should grow all season 

• Like 2