FCore-82

Caballeros-81.4

Cadets2-80.35

Bushwackers-79.25

Sunrisers-76.6

Skyliners-75.35

...That is not a typo.

• Like 1

Hello, White Sabers. That month was well spent.

• Like 3

Two corps grabbed the crowd by the throat. It's no surprise they were the top two, and imo should have been higher 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, MotoSurfBass said:

① Peckville PA #dca2017

Bucs-87.75

WSabers-83.6!

FCore-82

Caballeros-81.4

Cadets2-80.35

Bushwackers-79.25

Sunrisers-76.6

Skyliners-75.35

...That is not a typo.

Wow Cadets and Cabs only go up a point a week . 

That extra practice did  not work out real good for the Cadets 

On 7/30/2017 at 8:59 PM, BigW said:

Percussion did get a large bounce for Cabs which I think was really important- get balance, things will follow a lot better now.

Dub,

Some thougts on that  

Im going to throw this out there -in my opinion- the balance issues are brass to brass. They have such great control and presence from the beginning moments -I'm thinking specifically of the mellophones- but struggle when the start to mix the brass voices and stress the brass visually, especially in transitional moments that are used to set up the big moments. I did notice a better attempt to balance percussion in the first production, it was very monotonous at times in Wildwood. The openening production is so #### rhythmic.  Making the brass understand their place is such a extreme process.  

I do love the feel they produce.  Very Dan Delongish

AoE

• Like 1

The comments are great! But I didn't necessarily mean balance as in ensemble sound balance, more a balance of strength and excellence from section to section. The numbers at Nazareth had percussion 77/70, Brass 77/75... when you have a perception that one group isn't pulling weight through their score, it can become a drag on the entire program.  The 84/81 Brass versus the percussion 81/80 at Peckville just indicates in certain ways a much better balance of who's pulling the sled. Believe me, I know what can happen when one section believes, no matter how much the other 2 sections respect and admire them and their work and effort, that they're not pulling their weight, it can have a really adverse effect on morale. Been there. Broke my heart to see great and lifelong friends in the Westshore percussion section down on themselves like that in 1983. It still makes me pretty sad to remember that whole thing when it came out. When every section knows that they're contributing their fair share of excellence to the overall effort... you have a winner. Case in point, the Bucs work ridiculously hard to make sure of that season after season.

• Like 2