The REAL San Antonio Rough Riders Thread

Just now, bluesman said:

I'm a big fan of SCV this year, but if they weren't announced I might not know who they are.  Nothing except maybe the drum book remind of Santa Clara Vanguard at all.

I sort of agree,but there's something extremely... '00s/early '10s SCV about it? If "The Devil's Staircase" or "Sound Shape & Color" had been more recent, I feel like there'd be no mistaking this as an SCV show. 

• Like 1

I don't like the small ensemble having different uniforms. Ruins the magic now that I can follow that it's just the same handful of people walking around with the props and playing solos sometimes. I wanna be fooled, Vanguard!

• Like 1

Very clean run but yeah it's lacking that "grab you and peel you face off" other nights have had. 

• Like 1

This horn line is one of the best that VG has ever put on the field. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bluesman said:

I'm a big fan of SCV this year, but if they weren't announced I might not know who they are.  Nothing except maybe the drum book remind of Santa Clara Vanguard at all.

Their drill is definitely Vanguard drill (with some Michael Gaines flair).

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, absynthknight said:

Oh my!  I must've been sleeping under a rock, they are hella good.  I was wondering why Boston was slotted so late.  Prediction: they're gonna place higher than 12th this year.  heh

Guess you've been away the last month.