The REAL San Antonio Rough Riders Thread

On 7/23/2017 at 9:40 PM, Everyfan said:

Of course not. It is the old "I didn't mean you weren't good at what you do. I meant what you do isn't worth doing." Sorry, when you complain about the judging (I.e. They didn't deserve to win) you ARE insulting the performers.

You are wrong. This is a subjective activity. Its not a binary position. If I said a John Mackey piece is better than a Frank Tichelli piece, does that automatically mean that I am insulting Tichelli? Especially when I find both pieces to be great. The difference here is that there is a competitive score to the subjective activity. Unless there are certain required elements that can be directly compared, I am only disagreeing with design aesthetic which has nothing to do with the MM.

In that case I think there are elements to BDs design that are over valued by the judging community and design elements from other corps that are under valued. When the difference in performance quality is only a matter of tiny degrees those elements matter. 

By trying to say that thinking another corps should have won over another is insulting the MM, you are creating a straw man argument that automatically erases any subjective point and almost requiring those who disagree with the outcome to either accept it or be the bad guy.

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 9:05 AM, ContraFart said:

You are wrong. This is a subjective activity. Its not a binary position. If I said a John Mackey piece is better than a Frank Tichelli piece, does that automatically mean that I am insulting Tichelli? Especially when I find both pieces to be great. The difference here is that there is a competitive score to the subjective activity. Unless there are certain required elements that can be directly compared, I am only disagreeing with design aesthetic which has nothing to do with the MM.

In that case I think there are elements to BDs design that are over valued by the judging community and design elements from other corps that are under valued. When the difference in performance quality is only a matter of tiny degrees those elements matter. 

By trying to say that thinking another corps should have won over another is insulting the MM, you are creating a straw man argument that automatically erases any subjective point and almost requiring those who disagree with the outcome to either accept it or be the bad guy.

I'll continue to disagree. Wen you say the ultimate champion should not have been champion, you ARE insulting them and attempting to diminish their achievement, no matter what excuse you use.