The REAL San Antonio Rough Riders Thread

Bravo once again to Cascades design staff.  

• Like 2

Just now, Cadevilina Crown said:

Wait, that vocalist was LIVE? For the longest time I thought that was just prerecorded Sia singing! We officially have a new winner for best live vocalist of 2017!

Sure shocked me! I thought it was a recording as well on the DATR stream. 

1 minute ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Wait, that vocalist was LIVE? For the longest time I thought that was just prerecorded Sia singing! We officially have a new winner for best live vocalist of 2017!

What.  I'm like 8 rows up and missed her.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, crownisking said:

Wow, I saw this live and totally missed her!

Wait what?   I thought that was a sound bite.  VERY impressed 

• Like 2

Some really fun early corps. Genesis was wonderful. Surf, too. Seattle had very good integration of recorded music, even though I still hate recorded music. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Creekomega said:

Bravo once again to Cascades design staff.  

The man you probably want to thank the most is Lewis Norfleet, not only the brass arranger but also the Artistic Director.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

What happened to the Louisiana Stars?

They're rehearsing today in Pineville, LA and I don't see anything in their Facebook feed or on their website about going to San Antonio. Since the first post in this thread is clearly copied from DCI's website, but the story about San Antonio now does not show Stars appearing, I think it was just a mistake: probably whoever put the list together at DCI started with the template from last year, when Stars were on the docket, and forgot to take them off.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

What?! That's live?  Holy crap, I honestly thought that was a pre-recorded vocal.  It has been spot on all season and blends into the overall sound landscape very well.  Well done!

• Like 2