The REAL San Antonio Rough Riders Thread

Intermission was long enough for me to have Shower Thoughts. My takes:

Guardians: I said it when someone had a thread asking who the next corps to move up was. It's these guys. The design was so unique and crazy, and it's just what you need and expect out of a World Class group. Needs to be MUCH cleaner, but I was very impressed!

Pioneer: Might have been the strongest and top-to-bottom consistent show I have EVER seen out of them! Also, even though Les Mis has been done to death, this didn't feel boring or rehashed at any point. Keeping this source material fresh is a tall task, and Pioneer actually pulled it off!

Jersey Surf: Easily the most power I've heard out of that horn line since I aged out with them in 2013. I wish they had the musical energy of their closer in the opener, and the visual intensity of their opener in the closer. Lack of simultaneous demand will kill them.

Oregon: Major step up from first two. I don't get their show concept, but I see the motifs. Nice brass sound, LOVE the arrangements.

Genesis: About time they hit World Class! And hit they did with that first blast! The aggressiveness and sentimentality are well juxtaposed, one of the strongest WC debuts I've seen.

Cascades: Good to see them claw their way back up! Fantastic design, big Phantom 2007 vibes, soloist was money! 

• Like 4

Spirit on my TV in summer. Suddenly I'm 10 again and it's 1980 in my heart. 

• Like 6

This is markedly better than I recall Spirit being in recent years!