The REAL San Antonio Rough Riders Thread

3 minutes ago, AVHSEuph said:

Some corps put their front ensemble speakers in front of the microphones used to stream the show. It was highly visible at Broken Arrow and Central Texas

posted from the DrumScorps app

I think someone posted earlier the Flo sound guys were adjusting their short mics to wherever the Corps put their main speakers. 

2 minutes ago, absynthknight said:

This year's Phantom is a miss for me.  Trying to like it but just not clicking.  Their hornline seems weak, especially after BK.  Wes Cartright guard writing is not my favorite.  Too much fluff.

Guard work is all effect with not much substance. It appears effective but when you look closely they're not really doing much.

• Like 1

Probably my least favorite Phantom show ever. I just can't get into it. And this is easily my second favorite corps. 

• Like 2

Just now, Trumpet2 said:

Which is a shame, because they have some great music picked. 

I know. I'm a HUGE classical music buff. I love Beethoven, Mozart, Wagner and the Russians. I should, in theory, like this show better than 2015, but I don't - not by a long shot. Still don't get why they are beating Blue Stars and Crossmen. Not only is it not well designed, it's not well executed, and the guard is just too big.

• Like 1

The shape of the show is off, the voiceovers are just sad, and this is not one of Regiment's best hornlines. Not even sure where to think they could go besides cleaning what they have and hoping for the best.

• Like 1