Any thoughts from anyone on the Nazareth show?  Was on vacation and not able to attend, would love to get some opinions.  

I saw on the recaps that C2 made a big jump and closed the gap between them and Cabs. I'm thinking with C2 pulling out of the Everette show and making that a rehearsal weekend and the little mini-tour they will start to get some momentum.  

Maybe the same outcome as last year with them catching Bucs at the end?  Should get interesting.  

AoE

Edited by AoEnut

I was there. 4-5 hours of sleep over the weekend left me exhausted. I worked a bit with Erie, had a marvelous time, played for 2 church services Sunday Morning...

A lot to say. T-Birds and Sky, markedly better, Bush ridiculously better. C2, the best they have been at this point in the season bar none in term of putting out a coherent program. They need to take all the rocking chairs to Cracker Barrel and sell them off. The only real issue they have. Unless those chairs are doing something visually at a higher stadium perspective then Nazareth, they're clutter and a distraction. When I say that, there's got to be an issue. Props for the sake of props=bad. The Bucs are quite interesting. They're pretty much daring everyone to come out and throw down with the level of energy and intensity they pour forth for 90% of the program and not run out of gas and pass out. I really like the Cabs show- a lot of really fascinating moments and ideas musically. Sun's horn book is by far the best they've had for the past 4-5 seasons, can they play it beyond the black notes on white paper? I really like the potential there, IF they can get it out of their book.

Things to do, work calls. I work very, very hard, and to be straight up about it, I've been pretty much physically exhausted, and it's hard to take time to write. When I had dinner Sunday, I slept from 9PM to 11 AM today to recover from the weekend. Back to the grind at work, which is like a pizza oven.

• Like 1

In reading the recaps Suns drum line edgeed out Cabs drum line ,and Suns horn line beat Bush ,things looking up for Sun 

The seven tenths top-bottom split for the Cabs' percussion section means they have a show, but can they achieve it? If they can, that's a serious score increase in any by itself. Bleedover improvements to Ensemble and Effect music, even more.

Bush's horn line has made great strides in terms of the issues I discussed in the earlier season review. Very positive improvements. Again, IF the Sunrisers can really get all of the potential out of the music book that's in there- they're going to be very exciting and a lot of fun to watch later on. Placement, I don't know. Right now, everyone seems to be making the right moves and responses to issues that are holding them back. If a corps stops doing that, that's when they'll begin to give ground later on.

20 hours ago, BigW said:

Things to do, work calls. I work very, very hard, and to be straight up about it, I've been pretty much physically exhausted, and it's hard to take time to write. When I had dinner Sunday, I slept from 9PM to 11 AM today to recover from the weekend. Back to the grind at work, which is like a pizza oven.

Hang in there, don't work to hard.  

You don't have to do all the reviews :29_smirk:

AoE

11 hour day yesterday. I'm wrecked. Imagine an 11 hour corps ensemble rehearsal block with an hour 20 break in between and you get what I went through. :blink:

If It weren't for my corps experiences, I really wouldn't have had the determination and discipline to have worked there for nearly 22 years. Time is an issue though, I'd say the last 3 or so years, I feel the heat a lot more then I used to.

And I get to go back in 2 hours 15, hopefully it won't be as bad today.