TOC - Broken Arrow, OK - July 18

FLO needs to read the Ken Kobold Rules for Recording Drum Corps

• Like 2

Just now, MikeRapp said:

Have any of you watched Flo and had actual field audio? I have a Bose speaker system and it is all the way up, which is usually way way louder than you can listen to, and it is barely even average. And there is nothing mic'd outside the 40.

Looks like mic stands on each 35 and the 50.  But yeah, I agree.

Ok. If I had to guess, I don't think SCV will finish closer than .75 to BD tonight. And this is coming from someone who thinks SCV can and will pass BD by the end of the season. 

Visual demand, SCV offers up so so so so much more than BD, and I'm not just talking about drill. The whole visual package is there. Musically, tonight, they had what I felt to be a rougher brass run. I would honestly put this brass book up there as one of the more demanding ones in history, but it's not clean yet. In terms of ensemble sound, too many splats and heroes tonight. Raw and visceral, it was, balanced and blended, it wasn't...and yes, those two can and need to mix in order for this insane brass book to get the credit it deserves.

Edited by Jake W.
  • Like 4

Just now, Musicman1084 said:

Username irony.  I dig it.

I can't be turnt when Flo isn't

• Like 1

1 minute ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Note to Flo:  just keep the sound on and the cameras wide!  Don't touch anything!!!

Exactly until you figure out the basics forget the clever stuff 

so lets compare.. SCV performs an awesome show with demanding drill/design that flows with the music and captures you into their show.... and then you try to compare that to Blue Devils who just performed prior..with no drill that stood out to me or grabbed me and lots of slow marching moments and standing...  I don't get it..but I should... its like the BD will perform anything because they are BD and they know the judges will score them high.  yet SCV is out there marching some demanding mesmerizing drills...  but I do have my money on SCV winning this year..  =P   ok enough of my grips... back to complaining about Flomarching.. 

• Like 8