TOC - Broken Arrow, OK - July 18

Is the show running that late?  Or is the high cam stream on delay?  Schedule has intermission starting 10 minutes ago

Very difficult to judge too much from this audio feed, but that felt like an opening week run of a show that the kids don't yet know how to deliver. Very rough, and mostly awkward in so many places. I wish I had good things to say about this show. I know it discourages my Cadets friends here, but that is just a very poorly conceived idea for a drum corps show. It's not the kids fault. 

I fear they are headed to a very tough month. 

• Like 7

Just now, Fred Windish said:

The bad camera shot selection, low rent audio equipment, and humid heat have killed Cadets' impression tonight more than the corps who came before them.

You mean you don't like the high tech 480p?    Wish I could LOL!

Thought George Hopkins and his designers were overreaching last coupla years, but this year GH has got it right! LOVE all the audacity of this show!

• Like 2

"Performing their 2017 program 'Jagged Company Front,' Drum Corps International is proud to present... THE CADETS!"

• Like 5

I really love the first section of Cadets show. It totally creates an atmosphere, and the costumes work very well there. Good flow to the dril and it draws you in. Then it goes off the rails after that because they are trying so hard to be "about" something. 

Second section is not communicating. I guess it is "sin?" I know that because it says SINNER on the flags.

Third section never regains momentum. It seems like way too long with too little happening. 

We've seen the "let's use gold and white to represent a happy, ascending ending" so many times now. They did it in 2011. Crown did it in 2015. The gigantic crosses on the props: I. Just. Can't. So over the top and being that literal is not needed.

• Like 5

Well, we may not know how the beginning of BD or SCV sounded like. But at least we know where someone's lost car keys can be found. 

• Like 8