TOC - Broken Arrow, OK - July 18

The only real thing we can critique is the drill and visual... Sound is tragic. I'm so bummed. I don't care if they (flomarching) had a perfect record prior to this.. My bank account had the money when flomarching yanked it out of my acct I expect premium service and attention to detail. If this happens for San Antonio there will be a revolt! lol

• Like 1

I love the Cadets and have for many years. The vocals this year just do absolutely nothing for the show. Take them out and you don't miss them at all, the music is just fine minus vocals. I just don't understand the vocal direction. The voices are not up to the demand of the music. This isn't Gregorian chant, too much flat tone and not enough vibrato. Classically trained voices were needed. I know they are young no nowhere near mature vocally yet, but that should have been taken into consideration when writing the show.

• Like 4

Like a lot of the changes Cadets put in. Very effective music changes.  I really like this show.  The last minute is not grabbing me yet, and some of the narration needs to go. Love the choir. Very effective and they are great performers. Some nice visuals and drill.  Definitely going to be a polarizing show. Some will love it, some not so much. I think they are close to having a really good product, but the ending needs more umph and build to that company front, then they can work out the balances which were bad tonight in the closing minute. That little tarp of the cross can go as well.  In some cases just a little less would equal more. 

Having said that, I really enjoyed Cadets and this is a much better product than last year. 

• Like 5

Just now, Alzam81 said:

The only real thing we can critique is the drill and visual... Sound is tragic. I'm so bummed. I don't care if they (flomarching) had a perfect record prior to this.. My bank account had the money when flomarching yanked it out of my acct I expect premium service and attention to detail. If this happens for San Antonio there will be a revolt! lol

Amen

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alzam81 said:

Agree. The poor (or no) audio is unacceptable to say the least. 

• Like 3

Periscope is better than this.  I mean one on a submarine.

• Like 6

After that company front.

giphy.gif

• Like 8

The Cadets have improved alot! Difficult show but not going to bring anyone to their feet.

• Like 1