TOC - Broken Arrow, OK - July 18

1 minute ago, jasgre2000 said:

Oh, right ... Wicked is very Disneyesque.

Not the book!  :-)

1 minute ago, Corpfan said:

I get the theme but can somebody please explain the football helmet. 

Again, it'll make sense in Indy where I presume they're going to cover the Colts helmet, then have it 'reappear' then tear it. 

1 minute ago, defeldus2 said:

People criticizing the balance aren't listening live. Don't judge it based on the terrible stream audio. They've blended it very well. 

I get that, but still in the closer not so much. It's not a volume issue, it's a frequency issue the sound person needs to dial in. I heard from others the same thing live.

2 minutes ago, ContraFart said:

Please listen to the source material before you kill the design choice of the singer. Also its much better live.

Just because it replicates the source material doesn't mean it's a good idea to put in a drum corps show

• Like 6

1 minute ago, drummer5485 said:

I never get this saying.  I understand the source music (I know Andy too) and LOVE this piece...but if I wanted to hear the source music and someone singing I would listen to a recording of the original.  I listen to drum corps to hear different interpretations of it made with brass and percussion (yes and synths now).  I have nothing against vocals in drum corps, I just don't like this argument.

EXACTLY. I don't get the argument either. It's drum and bugle corps; not drum, bugle, and vocal corps.

• Like 2

Crown has a nice drum corps.

• Like 2

Crown shows how not to pander to trends as much as the other guys and why them that do are schmucks to do so. Bravo!