TOC - Broken Arrow, OK - July 18

2 hours ago, Jeffe77 said:

Had the same impression seeing them live a few weeks ago.

Quitest in DeKalb as well.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, saxfreq1128 said:

I love BD's guard year to year... But they've been weird with execution this year. "Bumblebee" is still killing them. I don't think they should be on top right now. 

The issue they are having made more sense to me after it was explained in one of the videos how there is no percussion in Bumblebee, and it is just the horns going back and forth without a drumbeat pulse. That has to be extremely hard for the rifles to count, especially since the music is so fast and almost garbled in nature. Plus the work is extremely difficult and nonstop. Flub something slightly and the next 8 counts have raced by. But they are gradually getting it. 

• Like 3

In spite of going on first in daylight, heat, humidity - all having an effect on performance, BD's win is pretty darn impressive against the best that DCI could toss at them.   They took every hit and finished on top.  Congrats to BD!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NakedEye said:

The issue they are having made more sense to me after it was explained in one of the videos how there is no percussion in Bumblebee, and it is just the horns going back and forth without a drumbeat pulse. That has to be extremely hard for the rifles to count, especially since the music is so fast and almost garbled in nature. Plus the work is extremely difficult and nonstop. Flub something slightly and the next 8 counts have raced by. But they are gradually getting it. 

There is a BD360 video on Bumblebee that explains it.

27 minutes ago, MikeBD said:

Eye candy?  Whatever, I have numerous friends that won't come on these boards because why they love the product they can't stand the fans.

Eye candy is a reference to someone earlier in the season questioning the point of putting up the caption rankings during the course of the season, it was a semi-satirical line. Meant no offense. In regards to your friends not coming to this board, it's a competitive medium with scores. I mean, its bad to gas bag, opine about the corps performance? Fortunately the internet is vast and plenty of space for people to roam. :)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

If one thing really surprised me in the recaps is Bloo being 4th in GE.    And not by just a little bit.  7/10's off the mark!!!!    

Yep, and if Bloo can't win GE, they can't win gold. Their shows are not built for the precision of Crown and SCV. I don't understand what the judges see or don't see, would love to learn.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, MikeBD said:

People like you are the reason other fans refuse to come on here.  You do realize you are rooting against kids.  What a waste of flesh you are.  Thank God you aren't a friend of mine.

Gee, and I thought it was posting reality.  I see no rooting against kids.

• Like 1