TOC - Broken Arrow, OK - July 18

1 minute ago, Fred Windish said:

You know, it's entirely possible the Cadets performers are just tired, overwrought by all the pressure and not getting a rousing response from the audience. Maybe being worked too hard?  We'll never know, but tonight was not as effective as the last time I viewed them.  I feel pretty bad after seeing/hearing this. I'm sure San Antonio will be much better.

Cadets being overworked?  Nahhhhhhhhhh I've never heard that before...

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Fred Windish said:

You know, it's entirely possible the Cadets performers are just tired, overwrought by all the pressure and not getting a rousing response from the audience. Maybe being worked too hard?  We'll never know, but tonight was not as effective as the last time I viewed them.  I feel pretty bad after seeing/hearing this. I'm sure San Antonio will be much better.

We'll see what San Antonio brings this weekend.  Not throwing in the towel yet on the show but no arguing that tonight just wasn't good.

I can say one thing for certain: I am no fan of the Blue Knights uniform.

Just now, drumcorpsfever said:

So glad there is sound for INT.

Who cares what BD may have sounded like - or SCV for that matter.  

That INT is pretty good!  I think they will win tonight.

You mean BD were playing music for the first quarter of their show?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

I really love the first section of Cadets show. It totally creates an atmosphere, and the costumes work very well there. Good flow to the dril and it draws you in. Then it goes off the rails after that because they are trying so hard to be "about" something. 

Second section is not communicating. I guess it is "sin?" I know that because it says SINNER on the flags.

Third section never regains momentum. It seems like way too long with too little happening. 

We've seen the "let's use gold and white to represent a happy, ascending ending" so many times now. They did it in 2011. Crown did it in 2015. The gigantic crosses on the props: I. Just. Can't. So over the top and being that literal is not needed.

I agree, only I think the first 2/3rds of the show are pretty solid. The 2nd section has stuff they need to change, but it's a solid section with the snaking through the pews, the percussion jam, and the jazz shout.  The 3rd second is the weakest. Let's see what they do. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

I really love the first section of Cadets show. It totally creates an atmosphere, and the costumes work very well there. Good flow to the dril and it draws you in. Then it goes off the rails after that because they are trying so hard to be "about" something. 

Second section is not communicating. I guess it is "sin?" I know that because it says SINNER on the flags.

Third section never regains momentum. It seems like way too long with too little happening. 

We've seen the "let's use gold and white to represent a happy, ascending ending" so many times now. They did it in 2011. Crown did it in 2015. The gigantic crosses on the props: I. Just. Can't. So over the top and being that literal is not needed.

I agree, only I think the first 2/3rds of the show are pretty solid. The 2nd section has stuff they need to change, but it's a solid section with the snaking through the pews, the percussion jam, and the jazz shout.  The 3rd second is the weakest. Let's see what they do.