Drums Across the Smokies - Knoxville, TN - July 19

I'm hearing from the Music City guys there will be a 5 minute hold -- lines of folks trying to get in and seated.  Stands filling up rapidly. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

Is tonight the premiere of Les Stentors? I wish them well. They're the last of the Quebec drum corps. 

I'm pretty sure it is. 

• Like 1

Southwind

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1

Homer alert:  Southwind 

Show start with techno beat in the pit.  The Corps announcement is prerecorded so it seems a little higher level than the solo brass entrance.  After that, this was a SoundSport group a few years ago??? Wow!

Highlight:  jazzy version of Superstition.  Riff start in the tubas and then the trombones take over -- solo, small group, all the bari section.  Love it!

• Like 2

Heat Wave

2 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

Show start with techno beat in the pit.  The Corps announcement is prerecorded so it seems a little higher level than the solo brass entrance.  After that, this was a SoundSport group a few years ago??? Wow!

Highlight:  jazzy version of Superstition.  Riff start in the tubas and then the trombones take over -- solo, small group, all the bari section.  Love it!

Holy Cow!  A genuine, nice guy reporting for us.  This is exactly what I hoped you would give us from each corps.  It made me smile.

3 minutes ago, CrownBariDad said:

Really enjoyed that show tonight!

• Like 2

Heat Wave:

A bit smaller Corps, but not sound wise.  All the arrangements made the horns sound really full.

Highlights:   New Star Trek theme played throughout.  They did it proud!

Shoutout to flugel and bari/trombone duet.

• Like 1

Les Stentors

• Like 1

When's the last time we actually had a timpani on the field?