DCI Central Texas, Belton, TX - July 20th

Just now, KVG_DC said:

In Indy it will be the deconstruction of the helmet in the middle. Which I presume they'll cover at some point,   On every field that doesn't do a helmet in the middle, it'll not make sense.  

But if they deconstruct it in Indy that big ### colts helmet will still be there...so what does it accomplish?

1 minute ago, westcoastblue said:

Okay. Time to say it. Having vocalist is hard. The examples of someone nailing it night after night is non-existent/rare. Crown's singer is consistent. But half of the pitches are out of tune. Enough. If you are going to have a vocal soloists, I applaud your ability to add unique timbre to your show, but someone has to be in charge of them singing in tune with some sense of time and musical intent. Arrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I'm staring to think the dissonance is intentional. A musical 'deconstruction' of sorts.  She's too good in the rest of the show to think she suddenly botches it.  

Cali....Carolina....Crown!

YESSSS!  Sounds like the Crown vocalist has had some excellent coaching since we last heard her and this performance was endearing!  No more Broadway Ethel Merman, just some tender, sweet singing that was lovely, not overbearing and it allowed that wonderful CC brass to still sparkle away.  As we say in the south, bless her heart!  I loved the WHOLE SHEBANG TONIGHT!

• Like 2

Just now, Trumpet2 said:

But if they deconstruct it in Indy that big ### colts helmet will still be there...so what does it accomplish?

Reread the bit about the 'I presume they'll cover it.’

the heck??

Just now, KVG_DC said:

Reread the bit about the 'I presume they'll cover it.’

Gotcha sorry...mind is a bit everywhere tonight