Good Job, FloMarching! - DCI Central Texas

Just want to give it up to FloMarching for a much better and more stable broadcast tonight of the DCI Central Texas show. That was more like it, and if future shows are like that then the service is worth the money.  You can do it. :)

• Like 7

Hopefully, in future broadcasts....the audio and video will be in sync.  That being said, the quality of the audio was much better tonight.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Brigadier80 said:

Are you serious? The only good quality part of the broadcast were the commercials. Anytime a corps was on the feed was unwatchable. I am from Mass. Did anyone else have similar issues?

No, I had really good quality tonight. Great picture, excellent sound. A few blips in dropped audio, but nothing major. It was much more stable tonight. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brigadier80 said:

Are you serious? The only good quality part of the broadcast were the commercials. Anytime a corps was on the feed was unwatchable. I am from Mass. Did anyone else have similar issues?

I have learned the hard way. I don't know why but if you are not on a true high speed connection, you will have serious audio and video issues. DSL won't cut it. Neither will LTE.

Edited by MikeRapp

10 minutes ago, Standing O said:

just wish they would mic one of the speakers so we can hear the dialogue 

Be careful what you wish for 

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, Standing O said:

just wish they would mic one of the speakers so we can hear the dialogue 

I was actually going to ask about this. It's good to hear the feed was better tonight, but were there any balance issues at any point? Trying to figure out if it was one-off.  I was waiting in my car for a friend and tuned into Boston's show, and even with my car speakers on full blast I couldn't really hear any vocals and some front ensemble stuff. Was that perhaps just due to mic placement?

Please don't make this an issue.  I would much rather hear the brass and battery over an over produced synth and vocal front ensemble.   

• Like 4