The Legends REALLY Need Our Help!!!

1 hour ago, MotoSurfBass said:

Someone just dropped almost $20,000 dollars into the fund. Total is now over $63,000.

EDIT: ####. Ninja'd again! :laughing:

Holy ####! I hope that guy didn't mean to hit a decimal somewhere in there... that would be one hell of a surprise when he gets his statement!

Edited by Musicman1084
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, mingusmonk said:

Somebody just dropped in over $20,000.  You might be wrong.

That was awesome news, but it will still be down to the wire, I think. They need to raise a bit more than $4,500 an hour from now until 11.

Maybe they should incentivize the final push. At our annual fundraising gala, besides the income from sponsors and ticket purchasers (for dinner, a short show, and dancing), as well as both a silent and live auction of various pricey items, we do a "fund-a-need" auction, in which we ask guests to raise their numbered paddles at different levels to support one of our programs. Usually we know from a conversation in advance that at least one person is going to give, say, $15,000, so we start just above that: "Who will give $20,000? [maybe someone does, maybe no one does] ... Who will give $15,000? [that pre-arranged person, maybe another] ... Who will give $10,000? [two or three people] ... Who will give $5,000 [seven or eight people] ... Who will give $2,500 [a dozen or more]" and so on. Sometimes we incentivize a particular level: "The last person to give at $1,000 will receive a $250 gift certificate to company X". Also, sometimes a sponsor will agree to match all donations at a particular level.

• Like 1

I'm in....  Even if this was a case of poor planning, I choose to help out when someone is in need rather than engaging in second guessing. My choice of course, and to each their own, but participating in drum corps has given me and my family more than I could ever give back.   I see this as an opportunity to tangibly pay forward some of the good will that I've been so extremely fortunate to have been the beneficiary of in my past.      BEST OF LUCK LEGENDS, hope to see you in Mich City!     

https://www.classy.org/campaign/legendsnow/c138390

• Like 4

14 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

I know this is the WC forum but just heard about this, but these guys need our help.  From what is in this video/what I've heard through some other channels they had a bunch of unexpected expenses and crap go down at once and it sounds like they are in serious financial distress right now.   I have adored the Legends the last few years.  It would absolutely kill me if they would fold or something would happen to them. I'm gonna give what I can, which isn't much but if a bunch of other people do the same it can go a really long way.  This kills me.  

Awesome statement. I've donated, hope others do as well. Brave and honest plea - we can all play "Monday morning QB" right now or just HELP

• Like 2

A $2500 donation! About to break $70K overall!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Musicman1084 said:

Holy ####! I hope that guy didn't mean to hit a decimal somewhere in there... that would be one hell of a surprise when he gets his statement!

I think I read a poster on here that stated he gave $5,000. So it may be accurate on the $20,000. But it would be a surprise kicker for the person if they intended $2,000 not $20,000. I mean try tellin' that to your wife!!!