The Legends REALLY Need Our Help!!!

11 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

In Kevin's report from tonght's Plainwell show, he writes:

"Ibe Sodewalla is speaking before the encore. He confirmed they raised $95,000 in 48 hours. They've also received a $5,000 matching donation to push them past their goal. Legends will finish the 2017 season."

Good. Here's to some serious off season planning 

• Like 8

20 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

In Kevin's report from tonght's Plainwell show, he writes:

"Ibe Sodewalla is speaking before the encore. He confirmed they raised $95,000 in 48 hours. They've also received a $5,000 matching donation to push them past their goal. Legends will finish the 2017 season."

Great to hear!   The classy.org account is up to $96,568 - just  $3,632 under $100k,    With the $5k matching donation, they met the agressive goal needed. Even the most optimistic among us would have agreed this would be no easy task.  What a great story this has turned out to be.   But the story does not end here.  The sequel begins this offseason..  

Here's to a successful upcoming offseason for Legends!  

https://www.classy.org/campaign/legendsnow/c138390

• Like 5

WoW  Drum major is a 10 year legends age out!  Talk about commitment 

• Like 6

Glad to see that the Members are able to finish Tour. Even thought I did donate. I agree with STU. 

I did not feel like I was giving it to the Corps director / BOD. I made up my mind that I was giving it to the kids. I would not want my kid unable to finish what they start. 

• Like 3

Well how about that!    The $5k matching funds is all icing on the cake.

Check out this figure on the classy.org fund drive.   

The dollar amount is -

ONE HUNDRED  THOUSAND, TWO HUNDRED THREE DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot think of any other fundraiser that has been as gratifying as this one.     The spirit of drum corps lives on - now and forever!!!

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

The dollar amount is -

ONE HUNDRED  THOUSAND, TWO HUNDRED THREE DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot think of any other fundraiser that has been as gratifying as this one.     The spirit of drum corps lives on - now and forever!!!

And there was much rejoicing....  : )

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

It’s been a little over a year since the Legends’ director asked for $100k in 24 hours - and exceeded the goal.

Wondering how the corps was able to achieve the capital purchases they said were so badly needed.  Among them included $35,000 for equipment trailers, $12,000 to replace appliances for the food trailer, and $30,000 for other equipment. 

Many of us felt very good about helping the Legends meet this goal and to keep them on the field through Finals last year. Although the corps did put out a “thank you” message at the conclusion of their fundraising drive, it would be nice to have heard from them by now on how this very successful fundraiser helped them achieve the other things needed well after finals.

We’ve seen other “asks” from other corps. Each group does not operate in a vacuum The better they communicate their successes in what they do with contributions, the more likely people will be motivated to continue giving.

So, Legends... how’s it going?

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1