The Legends REALLY Need Our Help!!!

9 minutes ago, TexasPRfan said:

Whoo-Hoo!  $70,125 and counting.  We can do this!  Who better than the Drum Corps Community to go all in for our activity.

Slight tangent.  

I wonder how much of $ pledged actually gets paid?  Remember back when DCI finals (or highlights) were on PBS?  One reason it was cancelled is that PBS said that too many who pledged $ (during INT's performance) didn't follow through with the actual $$.

Timothy Brown donated $5,000.00

I love my son with everything that I have, this opportunity is so special to him, it has become special to me.

2 minutes ago

This says it all...the man nearly brought me to tears with barely enough words to fill a twitter post.

Edited by Musicman1084
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

As any fundraising event-planner can tell you, it's all about making the guests feel happy. Alcohol often helps.

(And I agree entirely about it being unpleasant to actually do. Not my thing at all. If I were in Sodawalla's shoes yesterday, I'd have been very strongly inclined to just give up rather than to bare my soul to the world.)

True that.

Just now, IllianaLancerContra said:

Slight tangent.  

I wonder how much of $ pledged actually gets paid?  Remember back when DCI finals (or highlights) were on PBS?  One reason it was cancelled is that PBS said that too many who pledged $ (during INT's performance) didn't follow through with the actual $$.

They're taking credit card numbers for all transactions, I presume. They took mine!

3 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Another big donation! Now over $75K! Three quarters of the way there!

Awesome.

2 minutes ago, Musicman1084 said:

Timothy Brown donated $5,000.00

I love my son with everything that I have, this opportunity is so special to him, it has become special to me.

2 minutes ago

This says it all...the man nearly brought me to tears with barely enough words to fill a twitter post.

Dang.

I couldn't hold back...

Way to go, Dad.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I think lots of people here at the time were saying: "How can we help?"

I already noted when two corps, Glassmen and Bushwackers, had appeals posted here, I donated to both. One worked out, the other didn't.

Neither of them received anywhere close to this type of response, nor did Teal, Revo, Lone Star, so my question still stands.

I don't remember Lone Star at all. Sorry.

Revolution made no appeal that I can recall. They literally stranded members in Indianapolis, didn't they?

Teal Sound likewise downplayed what was going on. When they got stuck for a few days in the northeast, the story that was pushed was about a misunderstanding with their bus company, who pulled out unexpectedly. A lot of people were suspicious that something else was going on, but no clear answers were forthcoming, as I recall. Then they got back on the road, but a week or two later, right after a show in the Dayton area, I think, they announced they were closing.

• Like 1