The Legends REALLY Need Our Help!!!

2 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

All these people that have said (here or reddit) "I'm not donating because the staff/board poorly managed "

I've only seen one person here state that he/she wasn't donating for that reason.   That doesn't mean all the others (donating or not) shouldn't be asking those questions.

1 minute ago, BlueStainGlass said:

This has been bothering me since I posted earlier. All these people that have said (here or reddit) "I'm not donating because the staff/board poorly managed " how many times has this happened in 10 years? Never. What about Madison Scouts a couple years ago only staying alive because of the brotherhood? Or spirit last year from their alumni keeping them alive?  World class corps with world class BoD also have these problems. Even if you look outside of band you had the auto industry crumble got some help and came back strong. #### happens and instead of being the one pointing fingers do something to help make it better. 

Go Legends #TeamMitten

I step off my box. 

I'm so glad you said this.  I'd add to that list in that Regiment got very shaky before the late 80s revival started.  DCI seems to have really done a good job managing things more closely and vetting corps.  Let's hope Legends is solvent and on their feet to continue to enrich the community for years.  Who doesn't want to see that?  Whomever you may be, then just drop off the forum and leave the activity for those like me who love it.

Harvey

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Pushing SEVENTY-FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS!!!

https://www.classy.org/campaign/legendsnow/c138390

And surpassed it. At 5 p.m. (EDT), they were pretty much right at $74K. I believe the campaign started last night at 11, which means they need to raise another $26K in 6 hours, or $4,333 per hour. Still a formidable challenge. Let's hope the enthusiasm doesn't wane.

1 minute ago, TexasPRfan said:

I'm so glad you said this.  I'd add to that list in that Regiment got very shaky before the late 80s revival started.  DCI seems to have really done a good job managing things more closely and vetting corps.  Let's hope Legends is solvent and on their feet to continue to enrich the community for years.  Who doesn't want to see that?  Whomever you may be, then just drop off the forum and leave the activity for those like me who love it.

Harvey

Drum corps is like buying a victorian house - it's a money pit. And then you never profit from it. It's a labor of love.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TexasPRfan said:

Harvey

If i remember correctly phantom had a scare a couple years ago?  I watched my corps die and had no way of helping. 

1 minute ago, N.E. Brigand said:

And surpassed it. At 5 p.m. (EDT), they were pretty much right at $74K. I believe the campaign started last night at 11, which means they need to raise another $26K in 6 hours, or $4,333 per hour. Still a formidable challenge. Let's hope the enthusiasm doesn't wane.

$74,578 

Looking at the numbers I think 74k would be enough to fix their hole. It said 30k for like every day corps things. 

I'm going to email a couple well-funded friends. Putting a list of about 100 folks together with a link and a plea 

Can't just rely on drum corps fans only. Hope it helps!

• Like 7

Just now, Northern Thunder said:

I find it rather appropriate that Legends (who I have greatly enjoyed on the field from the very beginning) use percussive SOS signals throughout their 2017 show,

"THE SIGNAL".  The drum corps community has heard the distress call, and has come to the rescue!

Ah, so they knew all along, even back when they were designing their show, that they would face financial trouble. Stu was right!

• Like 1