new endings

3 minutes ago, Tim K said:

If they ever had the means to start their show and perform most of it in their current uniform and then do a SCV tunnel uniform change, have the rifles bow and do the classic remove the hat while the corps plays "The Way We Were"it would certainly be the talk the season. 

Now that would be a metamorphosis. 

1 hour ago, Tim K said:

If they ever had the means to start their show and perform most of it in their current uniform and then do a SCV tunnel uniform change, have the rifles bow and do the classic remove the hat while the corps plays "The Way We Were"it would certainly be the talk the season. 

They do take a bow while removing their "hats" this year. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mjoakes said:

Did someone say Madison is putting in "The Way We Were"?

I kid.

Hours later, I think I should be fair to both me and the Scouts: I like their show and am supportive of what they're doing. I'm not exactly a Hook'emScouts, but I thought their San Antonio performance was wonderful.

Here, I was going for a cheap laugh. Or smile. Either seemed needed after reading through the Scoring Wars in the SA thread.

• Like 3

Bloo usually does their preliminary "big changes" in Little Rock, AK following San Antonio. I expect either a new ending or significant other changes after those rehearsal days, with minor tweaks until the end. 

• Like 3

I am kind of hoping that Crown's ending does not change.  Visually it could have a bit more but it works very well musically.

13 minutes ago, pudding said:

Bloo usually does their preliminary "big changes" in Little Rock, AK following San Antonio. I expect either a new ending or significant other changes after those rehearsal days, with minor tweaks until the end. 

Looking at Bloo's schedule, they have Tuesday and Thursday this week as practice days, then their biggest break is the following week right after the Dublin, OH show ... they have Tuesday and Wednesday before the Chester, PA show that Thursday and then the following day is Allentown. My guess is those two-three days after the Dublin show would be the ideal time to put in a big change, but who knows? Something could be inserted this week. If I had to guess, I would predict the ballad might be the big change this year. At least that is what I hope.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, mjoakes said:

Hours later, I think I should be fair to both me and the Scouts: I like their show and am supportive of what they're doing. I'm not exactly a Hook'emScouts, but I thought their San Antonio performance was wonderful.

Here, I was going for a cheap laugh. Or smile. Either seemed needed after reading through the Scoring Wars in the SA thread.

I appreciate this!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Chief Guns said:

BD normally puts their new closer in at the Buffalo TOC which has been their last show before Indy the last several years. We will see if they do the same this year. 

I will again be hosting BD right before they leave for Allentown.  It is always great to see the work they do preparing for Allentown and the changes afoot.  It is also a great opportunity for the DC area (Northern VA) to see a rehearsal close-up.  We usually have a few hundred people in the stands on Monday evening and all get to enjoy the opportunity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Old Corps Guy said:

I will again be hosting BD right before they leave for Allentown.  It is always great to see the work they do preparing for Allentown and the changes afoot.  It is also a great opportunity for the DC area (Northern VA) to see a rehearsal close-up.  We usually have a few hundred people in the stands on Monday evening and all get to enjoy the opportunity.

Great stuff man! Glad to hear BD getting love back east.

19 hours ago, pudding said:

You just hit my inner journalism nerve.  Arkansas is AR, Alaska is AK.  Can't stop some old habits.