new endings

4 minutes ago, lameisrob said:

You just hit my inner journalism nerve.  Arkansas is AR, Alaska is AK.  Can't stop some old habits.

Which is why because Alabama is AL.

Other wise ArKansas, and ALaska make common sense, but a bureaucrat wouldn't be having his/her fun messing with us.

1 hour ago, Chief Guns said:

Great stuff man! Glad to hear BD getting love back east.

The best part is BD giving some love back to their 70s/80s with the jazz sound in their charts this year.  That is when I marched DCI and with the Commandant's Own.

I truly loved the Blue Devils sound back then and the throw-back props are duly noted.

• Like 1

On 7/23/2017 at 0:03 PM, bandman28 said:

Every year around the time of San Antonio, there is talk of new endings.  It's quiet this year.  Anyone know who has new endings planned and when it might appear?

INT is rumored to be keeping their closer ending, but will be redoing something or other with their middle, and should appear as soon as tonite in Dallas.

• Like 2

I figure most corps will have a new ending whether they need it, can handle it or it makes the show better

It’s become one of the compulsories all the design staff do to show how creative there are

according to Drum Corps Clearing House at least 50% of New Endings will make their shows worse 

Edited by cowtown

On 7/23/2017 at 11:26 AM, mjoakes said:

Did someone say Madison is putting in "The Way We Were"?

I kid.

Yes and Vanguard will put in Bottle Dance at the end, Cadets are going to put in Tonight from West Side Story, so they can whip out the G pull move or maybe the company front that disappears and then reappears at the last note, Phantom is going to Elsa's Procession to close their show, while Crown is going to toss in Bohemian Rhapsody as their ending, Bluecoats will have someone run up the jagged line and jump off the back onto a trampoline, ala Cirque du Soleil, Boston will pull out Conquest but the audience won't all know to scream the HUH at the right time, Crossmen will come out in their old capes, which scraped on the ground when they wore them earning the nickname "Grey Ghosts" - I know because I have one (bought on line from the Crossmen in 1978).  Lets see I think I've covered about everyone with histories of pulling out a last minute change or that could.  Blue Devils are already doing a great rendering at the pre-show with the Percussion playing Legend of a One-Eyed Sailor, then the brass line playing small clips from just about every song they've used in the past 60 years!