It's finally Nashville week!

On 7/24/2017 at 11:32 AM, MikeRapp said:

Memorial won't be available, it is not air conditioned during the offseason. And, vandy is extremely protective of the floor surface. Usually they are refinishing it this month anyway.

Hattie B's Hot Chicken

San Antonio Taco Company

Amerigo (terrific regional chain)

Obies Pizza (Elliston area)

Brick Tops (omg, the sugar bacon...)

Maggianos (make a reservation)

Tin Angel (where I got engaged, when it was called 32nd Avenue)

Nashville hot chicken with Mac and cheese...drool...   maybe I should go next year and then drive to Atlanta. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, phd-student-TTU said:

Mas Tacos Por Favor is great. The parking isn't. Cash only. 

Looks like rain in the morning at this moment. May change. 

I totally agree!  But it's in East Nashville and not anywhere close to Vanderbilt.  But a neat eating experience if you've got time to get there for lunch.

2 hours ago, RetiredMusTeach said:

I totally agree!  But it's in East Nashville and not anywhere close to Vanderbilt.  But a neat eating experience if you've got time to get there for lunch.

I was thinking about the guy who said his group would be staying all day. 

Oh and anothing thing...there's an English Premier League match Saturday afternoon (Manchester City v. Tottenham Hotspurs), so it'll be a busy weekend. Plan for lots of traffic. 

I'm coming with 140 of my closest friends... ;)

• Like 2

If you want to have an awesome sit down experience, go to Husk. It is not cheap but it is one of the very best restaurants in Nashville, and that's saying something. It's about 15 minutes from Vandy just south of downtown Nashvillle.

• Like 2

On ‎7‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 0:15 AM, kinetic inferno11 said:

Lexington, Ky?

Yes.  I live in Northern Ky and will pick up my son in Lexington on the way.  Hope the rain holds out. Really looking forward to seeing all the groups outside.  Most every year I only get to see west coast groups at LOS. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, frank4now said:

Yes.  I live in Northern Ky and will pick up my son in Lexington on the way.  Hope the rain holds out. Really looking forward to seeing all the groups outside.  Most every year I only get to see west coast groups at LOS. 

Looks like there should be some strong stuff in the morning and tapering off by the afternoon.