A Second Call

Below is an excerpt from an article in Halftime Magazine about Pioneer published in 2011 for you to consider:

Halftime: "How has the corps overcome this (2011 downturn in bingo) financial setback?"

Blenski: "We’ve made significant cutbacks in things that we want, staff that we’ve hired. Our equipment was in pretty good shape. … This year we just didn’t buy anything.

Halftime: "What are the corps’ future goals?"

Blenski: "Our particular goal is to stay evenly balanced, keep our finances under control and to continue to perform at a very high level,…"

According to a posting by the Pioneer Webmaster a mere $1,395 has been collected through all channels as of this posting.  This amount is for a corps that has a history of living within their means for a large number of years and has just had a wreck requiring a little loving support from the drum corps community.

So, again, for all of you who are altruistic kid loving folks that claim you want corps in DCI who look out for the youth by living within their financial means, where is your $30,000 for a corps who has shown that responsibility over the years when they actually have an emergency accident?

Let's get Pioneer to the $30,000 mark.

Edited by Stu
  • Like 6

Thank you for this! We are hopeful that we can meet our goal and thank everyone who has who has contributed so far!

Just for the record, the corps accepts anyone with a desire to learn and a good attitude. We don't really turn kids away and do help with ways to cover their tour fees (which are one of, if not the lowest fee for a World Class corps). This year we have members from Japan, South Africa and Puerto Rico among others from all over the United States. Many Pioneer alumni have gone on to march with finalist corps still speak highly of their Pioneer experience. We hope to continue to provide a quality summer to our members for many more years to come!

Personally, I have known Roman for over 20 years now and am back in the fold after being mostly removed from the activity for almost as long. He has been on the road pretty much all summer, working his butt off to give the kids a great summer, complete with culture days, church and long hot rehearsal and performances. The members, staff and administration are all just great people to work with and for and I am humbled to be involved with them. The summer has had its share of challenges, but through the support of the drum corps community we hope to be able to replace the vehicle that was lost and be set to roll safely through the rest of the season.

Special thanks to Stu for the second call and Tim for all of his work getting the word out! Please take a moment to donate what you can!

Thanks!

Dave

• Like 6

Totally agree with you. If 100,000 can be raised for a financially irresponsible administration, surely 30,000 can be raised for a responsible one. I say this not to diss Legends, but moreso to express my surprise about how little support Pioneer is getting. I've donated what I can, I hope others will do the same 

• Like 4

Stu, some of us were a bit hard on you last week, but you are completely on target this week. And for all who mentioned the great experience the corps in trouble last week provides, which they do, Pioneer not only has members who love their corps, they have a family like attitude. I've never talked with anyone who has marched with Pioneeer that has not had a good experience. However for the corps in trouble last week, they had to have some generous donors who have five figures. You don't raise the kind of money they did with small contributions.  I don't think Pioneer has too many of those kinds of friends, so I hope people dig a bit and give.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tim K said:

Stu, some of us were a bit hard on you last week, but you are completely on target this week. And for all who mentioned the great experience the corps in trouble last week provides, which they do, Pioneer not only has members who love their corps, they have a family like attitude. I've never talked with anyone who has marched with Pioneeer that has not had a good experience. However for the corps in trouble last week, they had to have some generous donors who have five figures. You don't raise the kind of money they did with small contributions.  I don't think Pioneer has too many of those kinds of friends, so I hope people dig a bit and give.

Thanks Tim. I knew if I was going to stay true to my conviction I was going to get flamed, whacked, hit, spit at, and worse. And before I even uploaded my first post I put on Kevlar clothing with hard body armor over that along with a full faced helmet. But sgsin, please know that your words here do mean a lot.