Johnsonburg PA Show

I took a bunch (638) pictures at the show.  Not sure this will work, but here they are for your review: https://1drv.ms/f/s!At9WguZxGCmjojq8zAu8m72HwlUQ

The shots near the end are a little rough because the lights in the stadium are not that bright and I had to keep reducing the ISO to get the camera to work.

Enjoy!  :thumbs-up:

• Like 1

A Blast in the Burg
7/29/2017 - Johnsonburg, PA

All Age Class
1 Erie Thunderbirds 67.900
2 Cincinnati Tradition 66.900

Open Class
1 Spartans 70.200
2 7th Regiment 67.500
3 Raiders 62.400
4 Impulse 59.900

On 7/29/2017 at 3:35 PM, kkrepps said:

Wow. Impulse came all the way from CA. That's awesome.

Impulse was here last year.  Crowd loves them.

17 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Holy Raiders score! Ten points in seven days?

Took a few days to clean and revamp.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BigW said:

Rehearse hard every day,  being at the low end of a learning curve, and the right  show alterations can cause a pretty good charge at the lower end of the numbers. Well done for Chris and his gang. :worthy:

i wish i could take credit for it.  i've been at home the last week.  i'll be with the corps starting wednesday til semis.   the staff and kids have been busting their humps to close holes and tighten things up this week.  youth are unpredictable, i will say. 

• Like 1

There was no separate thread for the White Lake show, so I'll just note here that with eight judges, scores dropped a little from Johnsonburg for the three northeast corps.

Legends first in every caption except one. But this is interesting: that one was guard, where Spartans were ahead by seven tenths. Meanwhile two nights earlier in Metamora, Legends beat both BDB and SCVC in that caption. Curious to imagine BDB and SCVC doing no better than third in a caption; we'll see how this plays out.

Edited by N.E. Brigand
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, C.Holland said:

i wish i could take credit for it.  i've been at home the last week.  i'll be with the corps starting wednesday til semis.   the staff and kids have been busting their humps to close holes and tighten things up this week.  youth are unpredictable, i will say. 

Milton Hershey School was like that, Chris. The thing is, your kids are like the Milts it seems, unpredictable but they always came out on the right side of the equation when the time came. Sometimes we didn't know why, but we knew the Milts had a ton of guts and it would carry them even when things weren't going as per the plan or the practices didn't go as well as expected. Take advantage of their toughness and grit and I think you can surprise a lot of people in a great way. :worthy: