The Official DCI Southeastern Championship Thread - July 29, 2017

Just now, Liahona said:

All scores for tonight will be used for next weeks seeding PLUS only the first 6 corps tomorrow night...

That's what I thought.  Thanks for the confirmation.

Some info from a friend who works with DCI: DCI couldn't use the new Georgia Dome because they (dome people) didn't want this event to be the first in the dome. Idk why, but that's the reason given

Edited by kinetic inferno11
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

Some info from a friend who works with DCI: DCI couldn't use the new Georgia Dome because they (dome people) didn't want this event to be the first in the dome. Idk why, but that's the reason given

Sounds similar like 2008 when DCI had hoped to open the Oil Can, but wasn't allowed.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Sounds similar like 2008 when DCI had hoped to open the Oil Can, but wasn't allowed.

Well Bloomington was glorious...so I was glad that year!

• Like 4

I always get a chuckle when I sign in early to Flo.  On the screen it says "this event is pre-air".  

Well if something is pre-air doesn't it mean that it is before air?  If it is before air wouldn't that be the definition of a vacuum?  Don't we use a vacuum to clean things?  

So does this mean all of the corps will be marching clean shows tonight?

• Like 1

they could not get a college field as a replacement?

this place looks tiny

Knowledge is good!

13 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

It was a great time and a beautiful finals night.  And Spartacus brought it that night!  

THAT was a finals night to remember! Interesting side note: A number of that Phantom staff (brass caption head, percussion, music arrangers/designers, etc.) are now with SCV. Can they repeat history this season? Might be an interesting final two weeks.. Good luck to everyone tonight!!

Edited by trumpetcam
  • Like 1