The Official DCI Southeastern Championship Thread - July 29, 2017

8 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

Too much amplification.  I'm only sitting 4 rows back on the 50 and I had to cover my ears.  It was actually painful. 

To be fair, The Son and his wife were sitting in my section but about 20 rows behind me.  He said there the levels weren't objectionable and seemed to him balanced. 

4 hours ago, Alzam81 said:

Their prediction system is probably logical, but apparently flawed.

There's a separate thread on this subject. The consensus is they are computing the future scores by some means and then just drawing the trend lines ignoring the max score (which they admit to in the article).

My prediction is as we near Finals, the actuals and the predictions will converge. If they don't, then Flo's method is suspect.

52 minutes ago, mjoakes said:

Thanks once again for all the commentary everyone. I appreciate the time and effort. (I'm not there live and not watching on Flo.) Some strategic browsing through the thread gives me a (small) feel of how things are evolving leading up to Indy.

DCP folks are nearly always positive and decent, uncommon qualities for an online presence these days. Even when people disagree, there's a very low jerk ratio.

I would have to wholeheartedly agree with this statement. This site is how I follow the activity most of the summer and I appreciate all of the insight and analysis from all walks of life. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Everyfan said:

FFS grow up already. Sit back and enjoy the corps you like and stop focusing on hating and tearing down what you don't like. We get it. You hate BD. You hate that they will possibly win again. Don't let it get to you.

I don't hate BD. Loved them for many years including 2014 show. I hate the fact they don't have a drill this year. Any other corps would be pentalized accordingly for putting this drill on the field. 

This was pretty fascinating  to watch. Direct side by side comparison of SCV and BD. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Less talented. Lol. 

Find me a corps with better individual marching technique

SCV, Cavs, Cadets

8 hours ago, tommynev said:

Blue Devils are (perfectly) marching the best, and quite possibly most difficult drill ever written. It shouldn't even be close when it comes to the vis captions.

The most difficult drill ever written was 2012 Crown

9 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Shout out to Phantom Regiment's young corps for beating Cadets and Blue Knights in brass tonight! Wow!

Then there must be something wrong with the Flo sound because I didn't think phantom was a top 12 horn line from what I heard. They were thin, had intonation issues, and seemed to not be playing up to the difficulty of the book.

• Like 1