The Official DCI Southeastern Championship Thread - July 29, 2017

Better performance but balance issues not going away. Brass still a work in progress. Not so dull tonight. 

• Like 1

I still have the same reaction to Cadets. I LOVE the first section. Everything about it - the music, the staging, the costumes, everything. It is intriguing and engaging and pulls you in. Then I start to drift about a minute into the second section and by the time it finishes, I'm confused. 

Then I stay out to lunch for the third part. I'm not sure if it is the pacing or what. I want to be engaged by the rest, but it's just not happening yet. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

They're great but frankly on high cam, they don't stand out enough because the back props are still purple.

In person it's as if they're pulling the stained glass of the props/windows out onto the field. Looks very nice.

• Like 2

Just now, Jim Schehr said:

Better performance but balance issues not going away. Brass still a work in progress. Not so dull tonight. 

It had an energy and confidence I haven't felt all season.  That was refreshing, they seem like a corps with a purpose.  

• Like 7

Just now, rrunyon1 said:

Phantom is on and I'll be off. :thumbs-up:

God example of "better left unsaid"

phantom has grown so much the past several weeks!!! I am so impressed by their hard work.

• Like 6

Just now, NakedEye said:

I still have the same reaction to Cadets. I LOVE the first section. Everything about it - the music, the staging, the costumes, everything. It is intriguing and engaging and pulls you in. Then I start to drift about a minute into the second section and by the time it finishes, I'm confused. 

Then I stay out to lunch for the third part. I'm not sure if it is the pacing or what. I want to be engaged by the rest, but it's just not happening yet. 

It feels like someone wants me to get excited about it.  I'm trying. 

• Like 1