TOC/NightBEAT Winston-Salem, NC - July 30

1 minute ago, tommynev said:

How can achievement and performance scores be higher than rep and content?

in theory this means the corps is performing their content at a very high level (and perhaps that in this judge's opinion, that caption needs more difficulty to push the rep / content scores higher)

2 minutes ago, snare_guy_83 said:

A one point spread between the Bluecoats and Cavaliers is so laughable, I can't even begin to understand that

posted from the DrumScorps app

Those two shows are night and day imho. No disrespect to Cavaliers but come on, Bluecoats is so much better designed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, snare_guy_83 said:

A one point spread between the Bluecoats and Cavaliers is so laughable, I can't even begin to understand that

posted from the DrumScorps app

agreed - some of it is no corps between them - the tiers seem to be the top four, then the next 3, then the next 3... 

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

agreed - some of it is no corps between them - the tiers seem to be the top four, then the next 3, then the next 3... 

I truly hope you are right, George. There is no way Cavaliers should be that close to Bluecoats. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, soccerguy315 said:

in theory this means the corps is performing their content at a very high level (and perhaps that in this judge's opinion, that caption needs more difficulty to push the rep / content scores higher)

Good to know. I never knew that. So the Guard judge tonight is basically telling BD their guard book is too easy then.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Good to know. I never knew that. So the Guard judge tonight is basically telling BD their guard book is too easy then.

which is very strange because if anyone in DCI has guard figured out, it is BD... wonder if that has happened to them at any other point this summer, or if this judge got an outlier read on the show...

edit: if you take it to the extreme, picture a horn line standing still playing mary had a little lamb perfectly.  Their content would be super low because it is easy, but they would be executing at a very high level.

Edited by soccerguy315
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

That's exactly how I read that.  They outscored their rep in three captions tonight.

BD being rewarded for having easier content. Gotta love that...

• Like 3

Percussion score is holding Mandarins back. Not sure what, if anything, they can do about that at this point. Guard score also dropped 1/2 point, so hopefully they can get that back.