TOC/NightBEAT Winston-Salem, NC - July 30

4 minutes ago, xandandl said:

The Crossmen/Boston DCP-homers will claim it's whatever is to the G-7 advantage while the G-7 crew will claim it is whaterver to BD's advantage. Go figure?

please stop.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Barneveld said:

I never claimed that. My only position is if your using the Atlanta score to determine Allentown, the you should also use it for Indy. If you want to use Winston-Salem to determine Allentown, the you should use that for Indy. You shouldn't get to pick and choose. That's all.

I am not arguing with you personally. I was being sarcastic and generic. I had the early Mass. Perhaps you are going to the last one.

12 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

For the corps that perform at both Atlanta and Winston-Salem, will both of the scores be part of the average, or will only Atlanta scores be used?

Atlanta scores will count for those who marched last night. The Winston-Salem scores for the corps not at Atlanta will count.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

I know a  lot of people put a lot of stock on " appearance draw ", but once all the Corps busses roll into Indy, Corps will be competing 3 days in a row vs their immediate peer group Corps surrounding them. All Finals judges will be watching and hearing Quarters. Semi's.. and by then Corps all will get a fair shake. I don't remember either " appearance draw " or " placements " at these regionals ever have much bearing on the Finals Nite Placements for all these Corps over the years anyway. Nobody remembers " appearance draws ". BD went on 1st last week among multiple Corps.. and won convincingly, despite going on first. So I don't really place much thought, nor stock into " performance order " for Championships 3 days of head to head competition.

And this coming from one of the biggest "Boston DCP-homers". So put that in your pipe and smoke it xandandl!! :12_slight_smile:

Edited by Barneveld
  • Like 6

47 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

I know a  lot of people place a lot of stock on " appearance draw ", but once all the Corps busses roll into Indy, Corps in the Top 12 range will be competing 3 days in a row vs their immediate peer group Corps surrounding them. All Finals judges will be watching and hearing Quarters, Semi's.,and by then all Corps will get a fair shake. I don't remember either " appearance draw " or " placements " at these regionals ever have much bearing on the Finals Nite Placements for all these type level Corps over the years anyway. Nobody remembers " appearance draws ". BD went on 1st last week among multiple Corps.. and won convincingly, despite going on first. So I don't really place much thought, nor stock into " performance order " for Championships with their 3 days of head to head competition that'll eventually take place there.

I've said this before but IMO fans need to realize how judges livelihood is directly related to the scores they give to those who pay the most, through camps, consulting fees, design fees, direct hires and the larger marching band and WGI community. All influence decisions in adjudication. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

I've said this before but IMO fans need to realize how judges livelihood is directly related to the scores they give to those who pay the most, through camps, consulting fees, design fees, direct hires and the larger marching band and WGI community. All influence decisions in adjudication. 

I'm hoping most get that, but I guess I can over assume. The nepotism in DCI is ridiculous. 

• Like 1