DCI Scoring methodology

1 hour ago, Just Here said:

There seem to be mistranslations here. First, the competition dissolution I spoke of was within the context of DCI. Second, even within DCI evaluation can easily come from the staff members that encourage better for performance and so on from within. Third, evaluation is also gained from an audience in this activity. In other words, one receives the best evaluation from how a crowd responds to what you are doing on the field.

In the second paragraph, you seem to have mixed contexts in which competition matters. The point is that I am not sure why competition matters in the entertainment activity called DCI anymore. There are plenty of contexts where people can learn competition in life. My point here is that competition in DCI and competition in life and different because the methods and goals are different.

staff is biased. they know the product inside and out. it's like your mom giving you an oral exmaniation.....objectivity out the window.

DCI isnt just entertainment. it's also a competitive sport. and the competition aspect often helps draw butts to the seats. if there'sa close race, more fans will show up, even if to some it's just to hope BD loses :bluedevil:

Just now, Just Here said:

Ok...we can disagree.

I also left out another part of the disqualification story.  After a few exhibitions, we went to Disneyworld and effectively quit the tour.  There were still some non-DCI competitions such as World Open and our circuit (UOEC) and we were able to compete in those.  But, we had lost our edge.  We did okay in those non-affiliated competitions, but it never felt the same because it wasn't DCI.  I will forever wonder what place we would have come in at DCI Championships.

2 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

staff is biased. they know the product inside and out. it's like your mom giving you an oral exmaniation.....objectivity out the window.

DCI isnt just entertainment. it's also a competitive sport. and the competition aspect often helps draw butts to the seats.

So, the competitive nature of the activity is about making money?

4 minutes ago, Just Here said:

the higher you place, the more you get paid.kinda like making bonuses for reaching the post season in sports

45 minutes ago, Just Here said:

I think that's absolutely one dimension of it. If you can't fill lots of seats in big football stadiums, there's no way for DCI to exist. More people are prepared to pay money to see whether BD or SCV wins by a tenth, then to watch both groups in exhibition.