DCI Judging Seminar. Who would go?

With all the talk about scores I think it would be pretty amazing that if DCI would offer an insight to the judging process. 

Maybe during finals week offer morning seminars that provide drum corps fans into the thought process behind the scoring. 

Have a panel of judges past and present using video of different corps and provide examples of how the thought process works. Why the scores were given. How content scores are decided? How GE is determined? 

So many questions so few answers. 

I'd pay to attend. Anyone else?

• Like 1

I'd go. I'd pay something, too. Interesting idea.

The seminar discussion would be from the "point of view" of the judging panel they would select to do this.
A similar seminar could be held across the hall at the same time, with a different judging panel, and there would be another "point of view." 

Kind of like the way things are on any given night and any DCI competition.  Guess that's why it's called subjective judging.

Question #1...just what is good General Effect?
Answer #1...it's what ME, MYSELF and I really like.  Next question.

• Like 1

Let's all be honest, we all know what the first question is gonna be.........."Why is BD winning all the time and my favorite corps isn't.

• Like 1

GE isn't about "like". It's about the criteria on the sheets.... the word like doesn't appear on the sheets.

id pay to go 

5 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

Let's all be honest, we all know what the first question is gonna be.........."Why is BD winning all the time and my favorite corps isn't.

Let's be honest the world doesn't always revolve around your corps.

I'd pay to go if I was in Indy that week...

• Like 2

This would be an amazing podcast. It could run year around. I would pay to watch that podcast, for sure. It would be fascinating, especially if the judges were asked to evaluate specific things in specific shows from their perspective. 

• Like 1

The podcast that Flo does is well intentioned, but just way too lite on actual insight and content. They don't really inform you about anything, just talk back and forth about things that were "amazing," "awesome," and "incredible."

This would be amazing!! It could also benefit the judges by forcing them to stop and think about the actual judging process, and maybe refine it. There's an Einstein quote (I think it's Einstein) that say something to the effect "If you can't explain what you're doing to a child, you shouldn't be doing it," (I probably butchered that but hopefully the idea comes through). In the process of having to explain their process to us, it might help them become a little bit better.