Salem, VA - July 31, 2017

14 minutes ago, oldsoprano said:

I never had that problem. I always pull over if I come to a safe place whenever I see bikes in my rear view, because even though I'm driving a Jaguar and COULD drive fast, I choose to take a more leisurely drive and not wrap the car around a tree in one of the 318 curves.

I am not going to be a jerk and purposely agravate anyone else on the road; but dang, I have just as much right to enjoy my 'drive' on that road as a motorcyclist has a right to 'ride' on that road. And I cannot enjoy my 'drive' if I am pulling over and stopping frequently to allow bikes to pass every mile or so because they want to test their fast tight turning skills quicker than I want to take the turns.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stu said:

I am not going to be a jerk and purposely agravate anyone else on the road; but dang, I have just as much right to enjoy my 'drive' on that road as a motorcyclist has a right to 'ride' on that road. And I cannot enjoy my 'drive' if I am pulling over and stopping frequently to allow bikes to pass every mile or so because they want to test their fast tight turning skills quicker than I want to take the turns.

I've never had that happen anywhere down there.  But we have plenty of ########  driving two- and four-wheel vehicles up here where I've lived my entire life. I actually found it relaxing driving there.

I'm sorry you had such an awful experience. 

I'm not really sure as to why I was quoted.  I was talking about the area in general, not specifically the Blue Ridge Parkway.  Anything to take a shot, I guess. 

Edited by Terri Schehr

8 hours ago, Stu said:

I have driven the tail twice in two different sports cars; was not able to enjoy it either time; my experience was a constant interruption both times by motorcyclists passing me, flipping me off, and cussing me, and were apparently mad at me for driving a car on 'their' motorcycle road.

The "rice rocket" crowd can get a little obnoxious at times if someone in a "cage" is not going fast enough for their liking.  It's been said to stay off the dragon on weekends at all costs.  That's when the photographers are camped out on certain pull off locations to take pictures to sell or wait for the Nascar big one.  For some MC riders, they look at completing the dragon as earning a merit badge.

http://www.travelchannel.com/videos/braving-the-tail-of-the-dragon-0175537

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I've never had that happen anywhere down there.  But we have plenty of ########  driving two- and four-wheel vehicles up here where I've lived my entire life. I actually found it relaxing driving there.

I'm sorry you had such an awful experience. 

I'm not really sure as to why I was quoted.  I was talking about the area in general, not specifically the Blue Ridge Parkway.  Anything to take a shot, I guess. 

It was not a shot at you, nor was at a slam at the area. The area is beautiful. I only placed your post in the string because it was a direct response to a comment about the tail.

2 minutes ago, Ghost said:

The "rice rocket" crowd can get a little obnoxious at times if someone in a "cage" is not going fast enough for their liking.  It's been said to stay off the dragon on weekends at all costs.  That's when the photographers are camped out on certain pull off locations to take pictures to sell or wait for the Nascar big one.  For some MC riders, they look at completing the dragon as earning a merit badge.

This! This description of yours concering the crotch rocket riders, their attitudes toward me, my car, other cars, on 'their' road, and seeing photographers staked out along the trail was my experience, both times.

12 hours ago, Liahona said:

Is it okay to say I really MISS "G" bugles...or is that a dirty word these days?

I was totally digging the power coming out of those contras. They don't need no stinking synth bass!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

Guess the show (and this thread) is over.

I don't think this was ever a show thread. Geez

14 hours ago, Liahona said:

put a sock in in it

p_101528432.jpg