Salem, VA - July 31, 2017

20 minutes ago, UKSuperman said:

Awe, can't take the heat? Are you a witch? Should Boston burn you instead? I joke I joke. It's all in good fun right? 

Andrew's Wx Center‏

Remarkable show, BAC! Keep kicking tail all the way to Finals!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, UKSuperman said:

Awe, can't take the heat? Are you a witch? Should Boston burn you instead? I joke I joke. It's all in good fun right? 

Jim McFall‏ 

@bostoncrusaders Going to Dr for "melted face syndrome." Will insurance cover it? If not, I'll send you the bill.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, UKSuperman said:

Smf‏ 

@bostoncrusaders I love the show and the sound is incredible! I can't wait until yall win a championship

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, UKSuperman said:

Josh Whitlow‏

@bostoncrusaders What a show!!! Wow!!!

• Like 1

I don't mind vocals. Also don't love them.  Really don't like the use of My Way or Diamonds in the sky this year by Caveliers and BD.  What I really like about the BAC vocalist is that not only is it balanced and of high quality, but that's not her only role in the show. (See cadets 2017).  She is a full guard member.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Den8uml said:

I don't mind vocals. Also don't love them.  Really don't like the use of My Way or Diamonds in the sky this year by Caveliers and BD.  What I really like about the BAC vocalist is that not only is it balanced and of high quality, but that's not her only role in the show. (See cadets 2017).  She is a full guard member.  

Boston is for " real " this season.... in so many ways.  She does not overpower the brass line, imo. She is not positioned in the center of the field, but off to the right. Her singing actually is quite limited, and only done to augment the ballad portion of the show. Boston's brass picks up during the ballad too. She is not the central character figure that ends the show either. Singing and a singer is not a central method vehicle to portray the theme really. The Music& Visuals are.  There are no adult singing voices utilized in the presentation. And finally, just as you said, she is a Guard member. One that demonstrates the multiplicity of her skills throughout the show, not just as a " featured singer " or as an ensemble based standalone choir positioned in one spot for the entire show and not subject to visual, marching demands upon them. She is subject to visual scrutiny and visual demands apart from her singing. Its quite an extraordinary production from Boston, with clearly a lot of thought and preparation on the part of Boston's staff to make the performers receive the most demand and the most credit for the production, not primarily the sound machines, adult engineers, faux adult singers  brass line amplified enhancers, and what not. Its mostly the on the field marching performers themselves that " sell " this Boston's show theme.. and then some "smoke and fire" at the end as the cherry on top for some added effects.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Liahona said:

Josh Whitlow‏

@bostoncrusaders What a show!!! Wow!!!

You're so cute thinking that your tweets still get to me. Nah, I'm good. 3.5 point thread cushion, so I'm pretty comfy. :)

Edited by UKSuperman

10 minutes ago, UKSuperman said:

, I'm good. 3.5 point thread cushion, so I'm pretty comfy. :)

Jus' so you know, Clark Kent was always a little uncomfortable in his surroundings, Superman. 

3 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Jus' so you know, Clark Kent was always a little uncomfortable in his surroundings, Superman. 

Uh oh, has the cavalry arrived to save Liahona from something he started? Too bad. Now I won't have anybody to play with. :laughing:

Edited by UKSuperman

15 minutes ago, UKSuperman said:

Uh oh, has the cavalry arrived to save Liahona from something they started? Too bad. Now I won't have anybody to play with. :laughing:

Who is " they " ? Are you seeing double, Superman ? Why are you out trolling today on this show thread from 2 nites ago thread, anyway ? Whats your point you are trying to get across here ?, as I have no idea what point(s) you are trying to make on this thread other than engaging in simple childish trolling now.

Edited by BRASSO