William "Allen's Town" - Friday Night - Aug 4th, 2017

6 minutes ago, war eagle said:

CC brass has fast notes, double tonguing, triple tonguing and all that stuff down pat, but BD brass are simply better musicians.  And god knows CC brass should be good at what they do, it's the same phrasing, same ole music progressions and same ole idioms ect. every year.  The need someone  who can write a show that doesn't sound like every other show they've done for a lot of years. 

I really hate the degree to which this is accurate re Crown. 

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, phd-student-TTU said:

I do wish they'd end with more color on those wings. 

Captain Obvious saw this coming a mile away.

15 minutes ago, NakedEye said:

I love how well that kid sells it. He locks eyes with the crowd during the first rock and then when everyone takes off to move to the second one, he keeps eye contact with the audience a few extra seconds before turning his head. Carefully considered details like that are why their shows communicate soooooo strongly. 

#sorrynotsorry But I felt like the brass players communicated and sold the show more than the guard did. TBH I've barely noticed their guard the last two years. 

14 minutes ago, war eagle said:

CC brass has fast notes, double tonguing, triple tonguing and all that stuff down pat, but BD brass are simply better musicians.  And god knows CC brass should be good at what they do, it's the same phrasing, same ole music progressions and same ole idioms ect. every year.  The need someone  who can write a show that doesn't sound like every other show they've done for a lot of years. 

Same can be said for the Blue Devils as they musically sound the same every year as well.

Edited by B-Flat
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

I really hate the degree to which this is accurate re Crown. 

"The need someone  who can write a show that doesn't sound like every other show they've done for a lot of years. "

This sounds like the Blue Devils to me; the same 'ole sound every year. Carolina Crown's brass sounds wonderful and performs at a high level every year. Why must we beat down the competition? It's like saying the Blue Devils march the best every year.... Or, I guess are the cleanest every year. Why so much bashing?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, phd-student-TTU said:

#sorrynotsorry But I felt like the brass players communicated and sold the show more than the guard did. TBH I've barely noticed their guard the last two years. 

The particular kid I'm referencing is the upright brass player in the middle of the mass grouping...

1 hour ago, BRASSO said:

The Blue Devils are as fine tuned as a precision Swiss watch... just as we've come from.expect from them too. They have no weaknesses in any area.... they're gonna be tough to top in Indy, imo.

And yet they never peak? How is that ?  :/

1 minute ago, Triple Forte said:

And yet they never peak? How is that ?  :/

Dam'd if I know... lol

7 minutes ago, phd-student-TTU said:

Then they should obviously do it!

I sense they'll decide when to add based on point-spread with SCV next meeting.

I sense that SCV will do the same for their next addition.