William "Allen's Town" - Friday Night - Aug 4th, 2017

9 minutes ago, B-Flat said:

Same can be said for the Blue Devils as they musically sound the same every year as well.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

• Like 2

Not only did Mandies brass take 8th, but Prosperie put their percussion in 8th as well. Interesting perspective...

1 hour ago, CrownBariDad said:

And no timing penalty for PC.  Whew!!!

Can't say for certain, but it appeared to be a venue problem, not a corps problem.

• Like 1

Blues Brothers finish 1-2-4.

Fantastic night of drum corps! Congrats to Blue Stars for moving to within striking distance of Phantom.

BD deserves all of that gap over Bloo (who is awesome in their own right)

... I would just like to request we kill the mics for the whole horn line next year. Soloists are ok but when you have everyone and can just get more volume with a dial I feel cheated.  Please...

Edited by soccerguy315
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, phd-student-TTU said:

I do wish they'd end with more color on those wings. 

;) :64_zipper_mouth:

I don't think it's been mentioned yet, but LOOK at Blue Stars brass score compared to Phantom. I guess the slotting/performance order theory waits another day to be debunked. Pat McGarr was not having Phantom tonight... 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, soccerguy315 said:

Fantastic night of drum corps! Congrats to Blue Stars for moving to within striking distance of Phantom.

BD deserves all of that gap over Bloo (who is awesome in their own right)

... I would just like to request we kill the mics for the whole horn line next year. Soloists are ok but when you have everyone and can just get more volume with a dial I feel cheated.  Please...

Totally agree, I found myself looking at an amp tonight thinking a horn line was over there. I also felt cheated.

3 hours ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:
3 hours ago, mcjordansc said:

Stars drums must have had a bad show tonight. Field judge hammered them. A few sub-captions hitting 90. 

Meet Mr. Prosperie

Yes, a 1.5 spread is surprising.   After seeing Phantom in late June, i would not have expected that.  But then again,  Phantom does know how to clean a show going into August.  But the other drum judge had them just .3 apart.   When is Prosperie judging next week?   He could be the difference of who beats who that night.

Edited by 27Socal