Bluecoats getting the shaft this year

19 hours ago, Midwest said:

Unfortunately, the scores are simply the opinion of a select few judges. They are human and have biases.

I think more than a few select judges have this opinion, and did you ever consider you also have a bias?

I have a big anti-BD bias. But I, or anyone for that matter, that doesn't think they should be scoring were they are is naive. 

I like Bluecoats this year, but BD and SCV are just killing it and deserve to be beating them, IMO. The Bluecoats won last year by winning GE. They were 3rd in visual and 2nd in music. That's not going to fly this year, for anyone. BD, SCV and Crown have all upped their game on the GE side of things.

1 minute ago, E3D said:

Can't have an opinion ... just sit back and relax. Just take it. LOL 

Any opinion here past the red party line is a no GO bro. 

Next innovation is G-HOP will be selling the World's Finest Chocolate bars with Pizza Hut coupons on them.... Bean to bar brah. Candy done the GHOP way. .... .... ... ...... ....  .... 

Can't take the heat get out of the fire bro.

• Like 1

Just now, jonwoody said:

Can't take the heat get out of the fire bro.

sling more candy BRO. 

2 minutes ago, E3D said:

sling more candy BRO. 

Enjoy the rest of the season... Not doing the internet squabble thing with a total stranger. Have better things to do..:whip::fight::starwars:

17 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

And let me add this: Pretty much everyone respects SCV. But what did we say about them? Classy but too conservative. 

This year there is no doubt they have the best props of the season, and they use them in truly unique and ingenious ways. They out-Bluecoated Bluecoats. And for my money, that should give them the gold medal, because there can be no real argument about the power and finesse of their playing and marching chops.

If a corps puts a show on the field this ingenious, and performs it this well, and doesn't get the medal it deserves because judges are staring at their feet instead of marveling at the whole package, then shame on them because they are missing the forest for the trees.

Well said, and I will echo this. SCV and BD have complete packages. Bluecoats should be battling Crown for 3rd, not BD and SCV for 1st. They are in no way, shape, or form getting the shaft.

The Bluecoats, IMO, have been the most innovative corps over the past few years. But, there is nothing at all about their 2017 show that is innovative. It is a very very very very similar show to their 2016 show. Not that that, it itself, should prevent them from winning, but BD and SCV are doing better things better. That's it. End of.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, E3D said:

As usual any sort of criticism of a show and you get everyone with hurt feelings. People will be suspended because they criticize a show done by a corps. Or someone will complain that you are hurting the members feelings. 

Might as well change it from a competition to an exhibition. Give everyone a retreat medal for finishing the show and the season.

But to the OP for this thread. I can't stand the show design, the zigzag ramp ruins the drill. I'm sure to receive an account suspension for posting that no doubt as someones feelings just got crushed. Or the best thing that has happen to me here is a hateful and threatening PM.  

Your persecution complex is hilarious 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Your persecution complex is hilarious 

So you tell me? What was it? Your post is beyond an explanation. Keep your own leg tinglings in check.  Obviously a Garfield homer on hand. 

Obviously you might be one of the true suspects who can't comprehend any criticism. That is sad sling more candy my friend. 

Edited by E3D

6 minutes ago, E3D said:

So you tell me? What was it? Your post is beyond an explanation. Keep your own leg tinglings in check.  Obviously a Garfield homer on hand. 

You okay? I literally have no idea what you're talking about

• Like 3