Bluecoats getting the shaft this year

3 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

You okay? I literally have no idea what you're talking about

:withstupid:

48 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

I like Bluecoats this year, but BD and SCV are just killing it and deserve to be beating them, IMO. The Bluecoats won last year by winning GE. They were 3rd in visual and 2nd in music. That's not going to fly this year, for anyone. BD, SCV and Crown have all upped their game on the GE side of things.

1st in music* not 2nd.

Edited by MGCpimpOtimp
  • Like 2

To whomever said no one will remember BD's show from this year - I laugh at you. I'm about as anti-BD as one can get. I sat there while the scores were being read at finals last year thinking, "Please God, let it be Bloo." I was so happy when they won. That being said, BD's show this year is absolutely incredible. SCV is astounding. They both are absolutely, without a doubt, the two best corps right now. Could that change by finals? Of course, but no one is getting the shaft right now.

If no one, a few years down the line, is not talking about someone's 2017 show, it will be the Bluecoats. Why? Because 2016 Bluecoats is the show people are going to be remembering and talking about. That's the show where all their years of innovation finally came together. It was like nothing anyone had ever seen. The 2017 Bluecoats show is basically the 2016 show with a different prop and different guard uniforms. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

To whomever said no one will remember BD's show from this year - I laugh at you. I'm about as anti-BD as one can get. I sat there while the scores were being read at finals last year thinking, "Please God, let it be Bloo." I was so happy when they won. That being said, BD's show this year is absolutely incredible. SCV is astounding. They both are absolutely, without a doubt, the two best corps right now. Could that change by finals? Of course, but no one is getting the shaft right now.

If no one, a few years down the line, is not talking about someone's 2017 show, it will be the Bluecoats. Why? Because 2016 Bluecoats is the show people are going to be remembering and talking about. That's the show where all their years of innovation finally came together. It was like nothing anyone had ever seen. The 2017 Bluecoats show is basically the 2016 show with a different prop and different guard uniforms. 

Agree with you on what show they'll remember, but really disagree on the same show, different year idea. 

1 hour ago, drumcorpsfever said:

TWENTY-TWO pages in less than 24 hours about the Bluecoats getting the shaft this year?    Did I fall asleep and miss finals?

Yes you did.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

Looking back on the Devils show this year, I'm struggling to remember anything memorable.... Metamorph.... guard members in cocoons.... rampy stairs things.... trombone glissandos.... fantastic trumpet fanfare..... other than that I got nothin......

I think Bluecoats show was very innovative - they took a stage, put it down the 50, had MMs running up and down, under and around it -- played Zappa successfully, burned like 1988 Madison -- crowd favorite - WINNER -

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

Well said, and I will echo this. SCV and BD have complete packages. Bluecoats should be battling Crown for 3rd, not BD and SCV for 1st. They are in no way, shape, or form getting the shaft.

The Bluecoats, IMO, have been the most innovative corps over the past few years. But, there is nothing at all about their 2017 show that is innovative. It is a very very very very similar show to their 2016 show. Not that that, it itself, should prevent them from winning, but BD and SCV are doing better things better. That's it. End of.

A decade from now, with 10 More seasons of Blast shows from Bluecoats, will we be saying all they do is repolish the original idea, or will we say, they know how to do what they do better than anyone else? You know, like Blue Devils has done. 

18 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

Well everyone has the right to a wrong opinion.

made you look!