Bluecoats getting the shaft this year

Oh Noes! My favorite corps that won last year with a gimmick WGI turdfest isn't being given the title again! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, E3D said:

I should report your post. with that mom comment. I did no name calling maybe you are a hurt and a safe space individual? If so then find the safety pin and put it on.

U are embarrassed? I guess so. you mention it multiple times in your post. 

Sounds like you need to find your corner and stay there E3D.  When you get over your tantrums, come on back and try to discuss things like an adult.

Edited by Vdad76
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

Well everyone has the right to a wrong opinion.

made you look!

Hahaha. You know what they say about opinions?

After SCV, Bloo is my 2nd favorite show. I love it. But, I can see why they are in 4th right now, and I think that's right on the money.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Polonius said:

Looking back on the Devils show this year, I'm struggling to remember anything memorable.... Metamorph.... guard members in cocoons.... rampy stairs things.... trombone glissandos.... fantastic trumpet fanfare..... other than that I got nothin......

I think Bluecoats show was very innovative - they took a stage, put it down the 50, had MMs running up and down, under and around it -- played Zappa successfully, burned like 1988 Madison -- crowd favorite - WINNER -

Um...the Blue Devils off the line is the coolest thing this year (maybe tied with SCV's closer, which is wicked). The Blue Devils hornline is SENSATIONAL. Their guard and guard work is off the hook. It's an amazing show any way you slice it. I prefer traditional drill (like SCV and Bloo) have to BD's visual package, but their show is spectacular.

I don't see Bluecoats show this year as being innovative in one single way. It's the exact same formula as last year. As someone said earlier, SCV has out-Bluecoated the Bluecoats. They've taken the innovations Bluecoats steam-headed - particularly prop usage and electronic integration and completely elevated it. 

I know it sounds like I'm being very critical. I'm just defending the judges I guess. I love Bluecoats show - it's so fun to watch - great music, great guard work, and great visuals. It's spectacular. Last year was spectacular. It doesn't matter to me where it places. If God suddenly made me 20 years old again, I would want to march 2017 Bluecoats or 2017 SCV, win or lose. I wouldn't care. Those are the shows I would want to be part of. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

It's getting nastier by the minute. 

I wish I could've gone to a show to meet you in person! You seem so nice and calm!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Vdad76 said:

Agree with you on what show they'll remember, but really disagree on the same show, different year idea. 

So it's a big huge jagged line dividing the field versus ramps. I'm not really seeing the difference. Same type of music, same type of guard work and same type of drill. I freaking love their drill this year, and last year. It doesn't really matter, I guess. They've found a formula that works. Next year, they just have to do something different. Something innovative. They really steered the whole activity 2014-2016. 2017, not so much. And, the other three have upped their GE game.

At the end of the day, SCV and BD are the two best corps (right now), so Bluecoats aren't getting the shaft.

• Like 1

Just now, kinetic inferno11 said:

I wish I could've gone to a show to meet you in person! You seem so nice and calm!

When you get on the back nine of life, you pick your battles very carefully.  

There's always next year! :12_slight_smile:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

When you get on the back nine of life, you pick your battles very carefully.  

There's always next year! :12_slight_smile:

Next year I might be on the field, at least, that's the plan :12_slight_smile:

Edited by kinetic inferno11
  • Like 1