Question about finals tickets

My wife and I are excited to be attending finals for the first time this year. We have two marching Mandarins, who we're hoping do end up marching on Saturday. We made the decision to go to finals really late and we've bought tickets to prelims and semifinals. We have not yet bought finals tickets and had a few questions before we try to buy some:

• If our kids do not make finals, do they need a ticket? I'm assuming not, but want to make sure so we know if we need 2 or potentially 4 tickets depending on results.
  • At this point, how likely would we be to pick up finals tickets in Indy (maybe after finalists are determined?). Trying to determine if we should look for some on eBay, StubHub, etc. before we go, or if it may be best just to wait at this point. 
  • Any suggestions on where to find decent seats at this point? 

9 minutes ago, DCIdad said:

My wife and I are excited to be attending finals for the first time this year. We have two marching Mandarins, who we're hoping do end up marching on Saturday. We made the decision to go to finals really late and we've bought tickets to prelims and semifinals. We have not yet bought finals tickets and had a few questions before we try to buy some:

• If our kids do not make finals, do they need a ticket? I'm assuming not, but want to make sure so we know if we need 2 or potentially 4 tickets depending on results.
  • At this point, how likely would we be to pick up finals tickets in Indy (maybe after finalists are determined?). Trying to determine if we should look for some on eBay, StubHub, etc. before we go, or if it may be best just to wait at this point. 
  • Any suggestions on where to find decent seats at this point? 

Members usually get armbands to get them into Finals Week events.  While there are designated seating areas for members, most just try to find an empty seat anywhere they can.

While you might want to purchase a ticket for your kids, don't be surprised if they want to hang out with other members.  :-)

• Like 2

If you are trying to find decent seats, there  may still be some seats sold by individual corps. Check the websites of the world class corps. I haven't looked in a while to see who still had some left. Otherwise, check the resellers or get their early on Saturday to buy some from a seller on the street. Look for someone who doesn't look like a scalper and wear your corps t-shirt. You're more likely to get tickets from another parent from another corps with extras. 

58 minutes ago, desertrat68 said:

If you are trying to find decent seats, there  may still be some seats sold by individual corps. Check the websites of the world class corps. I haven't looked in a while to see who still had some left. Otherwise, check the resellers or get their early on Saturday to buy some from a seller on the street. Look for someone who doesn't look like a scalper and wear your corps t-shirt. You're more likely to get tickets from another parent from another corps with extras. 

I usually deal with tickets for our alumni, including quite a few on the secondary market. I've been doing this for a few years now, and I haven't seen such a small amount of available tickets as I have this year.  Most of the reliable sources, such as the performing groups and their ticket blocks, have been sold out for quite a while.  It might very well break loose this weekend after Allentown, but I've seen no indications of that. Might be able to find tickets for sale at the stadium but buyer beware.  Saw a scalper a couple of years ago selling tickets from the previous year, and I also saw a guy get burned last year with tickets that had already been scanned, but were sold to them  

Edited by BDCorno