What Chester Makes Makes Chester - TOC Show August 3rd

Just now, Treefidy said:

I thought you said you were unbiased... Weird, didn't you march BC?

This is why I have zero trust in your view of the top shows. You clearly have some bias. 

They like something more than something else. QUICK THROW THEIR OPINION OUT THE WINDOW!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, jsd said:

Whatever. Your feelings in regard to that are misguided, at best.

It is a song, claimed by an arbitrary government as their theme song, that has a second verse that triumphs and celebrates slavery. Do you really want to stand behind that? "Patriotism" is like every other "ism"; it needs to meet its demise.

she should be proud that she does need t make her children kowtow to an anthem of music. Bravo to her.

wow. :blink:

• Like 5

Just now, CrownBariDad said:

Are you REALLY going with this?  I'm certain this won't end well. 

Just end this subject now please. It's neither the time nor the venue.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, BlueShades874 said:

So freaking what? I'm sick and tired of the national anthem being so overplayed at every little event in this country. I would have laughed in your face and just walked away if I was that woman. I'm not gonna stand around and worship a flag like so many others feel the need to do. I know many are gonna disagree with me and that's more than fine.

Completely agree with you. The worshipping of the flag is just straight creepy. And totally unnecessary at events like these. Especially sporting events. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jsd said:

Whatever. Your feelings in regard to that are misguided, at best.

It is a song, claimed by an arbitrary government as their theme song, that has a second verse that triumphs and celebrates slavery. Do you really want to stand behind that? "Patriotism" is like every other "ism"; it needs to meet its demise.

She should be proud that she does not need to make her children kowtow to an anthem of music. Bravo to her.

You sound like the people complaining about Dunkirk for being historically correct instead of modifying it for society's standards.

• Like 4

Just now, George Dixon said:

wow. :blink:

Let it go.  I'm mad too but this is not the place to argue the point.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, BlueShades874 said:

So freaking what? I'm sick and tired of the national anthem being so overplayed at every little event in this country. I would have laughed in your face and just walked away if I was that woman. I'm not gonna stand around and worship a flag like so many others feel the need to do. I know many are gonna disagree with me and that's more than fine.

And THIS is your first post??? Sheesh!!!

• Like 6