What Chester Makes Makes Chester - TOC Show August 3rd

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

My face is hot. 

Make like Elsa in "Frozen."  Let it go

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Completely agree with you. The worshipping of the flag is just straight creepy. And totally unnecessary at events like these. Especially sporting events. 

ah the millenials - so "above" everything lol

• Like 6

Just now, Treefidy said:

Oh. I'm super surprised to see you following suite with this guy. You know, since you're literally on the wrong side of every argument...

Sorry, I'm just not into the forced patriotism at EVERYTHING. That's all. The national anthem has its place in important events and deserves respect in order to honor our history and the people who have served our country. But it is misplaced in sporting events. The NFL especially has turned it into full out comedy with their "paid patriotism" where they have sickenly commercialized it for their own gain. Just terrible. 

• Like 3

Yeah, everyone just let it go. It's an opinion. Nothing more. Let them go to the political forums to fight. Back to drum corps. 

Still shocked that Bluecoats do not seem to be cleaning. Grrrrr. :( Let's go Blooo. Clean that puppy. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

I thought you said you were unbiased... Weird, didn't you march BC?

This is why I have zero trust in your view of the top shows. You clearly have some bias. 

We all have biases.....lol....kind of a silly statement.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jsd said:

Whatever. Your feelings in regard to that are misguided, at best.

It is a song, claimed by an arbitrary government as their theme song, that has a second verse that triumphs and celebrates slavery. Do you really want to stand behind that? "Patriotism" is like every other "ism"; it needs to meet its demise.

She should be proud that she does not need to make her children kowtow to an anthem of music. Bravo to her.

Weird use of "triumph" as a verb there, and also it's not the second verse but the third verse that has been questioned on those grounds.

Anyway, more on this issue here:

https://www.pri.org/stories/2016-08-30/historians-disagree-whether-star-spangled-banner-racist