What Chester Makes Makes Chester - TOC Show August 3rd

2 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

Yeah, everyone just let it go. It's an opinion. Nothing more. Let them go to the political forums to fight. Back to drum corps. 

Still shocked that Bluecoats do not seem to be cleaning. Grrrrr. :( Let's go Blooo. Clean that puppy. 

It's like they have some giant visual impediment on the field...

• Like 5

I'm quite happy to see how close the Cavies and Bloo are to Crown :) especially happy to see Bloo get a well deserved win in GE

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

Yeah, everyone just let it go. It's an opinion. Nothing more. Let them go to the political forums to fight. Back to drum corps. 

Still shocked that Bluecoats do not seem to be cleaning. Grrrrr. :( Let's go Blooo. Clean that puppy. 

Continue to be consistently inconsistent. It's all due to click. 

2 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

They looked clean to me. Sometimes things are rewarded. It happens. Seen it many times. The group think in DCI judging is alarming!

The evolution of the activity has increased the subjective element, so not much you can really do to stop this mentality.

Something becomes cool somehow in a given season, and it is written

1 minute ago, BlueShades874 said:

Ah yeah, you have to have a certain number of posts before you're allowed to have an opinion. How could I forget? :sigh: haha

I enjoy  opinions posted to various topics, I actually seek out members for clarification or affirmation.  I will be interested in your posts in the days following.  You certainly made an impression...:bored:

• Like 1

Just now, MikeRapp said:

The first American generation that has a strong opinion about war,

I'm all for changing our national anthem to America the Beautiful.

But regardless of what our national anthem is, I will always stand in respect for the country I get to live in, largely because I am aware of the fact that there are likely thousands standing near me who lost loved ones, and/or various body parts, defending the freedom I enjoy. It has absolutely nothing to do with the song.

I have no issues with the song at all. It's a gorgeous song that celebrates the United States. Arguing that it's about slavery or some #### is absolutely stupid because it clearly isn't. I just have issues with how often it is used (to the point that it loses its significance and meaning) and how negatively people are looked down upon when they feel that it is excessive. Just look at Colin Kaepernick. Vets fight for the right for people to be able to sit or stand for the anthem, and yet people get #### on for exercising that right. 

If anyone wants to discuss, feel free to PM me but I'm done posting about it on here

4 minutes ago, phd-student-TTU said:

It's like they have some giant visual impediment on the field...

...blinks

3 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

I'm quite happy to see how close the Cavies and Bloo are to Crown :) especially happy to see Bloo get a well deserved win in GE

It's funny, there haven't been too many placement changes, especially near the top, but everything's tight enough to keep the season exciting! Nothing is really decided for certain just yet.

• Like 1