What Chester Makes Makes Chester - TOC Show August 3rd

Cavaliers beat Bluecoats in brass and are 0.3 from Crown as well.  

• Like 2

Interesting mashups in the recaps. 

• Like 1

Perhaps the Cavies aren't locked into 5th after all!!!

• Like 9

24 minutes ago, Liahona said:

my only beef tonight..was the utter disrepect some lady showed for our national anthem...I was in line to get in...national anthem started I stopped turned toward flag and put hand on heart..and didnt move..she pushed right through me..told her kids to keep moving and was so disrepectful...I stood my ground...silent...I waited dor anthem to be over and let her have an earful afterwords..she didnt even get very far in line...what has this country come to with this dissrepect..ao disgusted with her and the example she set for her kids..she should be ashamed...I mean seriously ashamed...ok my rant is over now...

Whatever. Your feelings in regard to that are misguided, at best.

It is a song, claimed by an arbitrary government as their theme song, that has a second verse that triumphs and celebrates slavery. Do you really want to stand behind that? "Patriotism" is like every other "ism"; it needs to meet its demise.

She should be proud that she does not need to make her children kowtow to an anthem of music. Bravo to her.

Edited by jsd
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, pudding said:

Bluecoats - My score: 91.9.
Crown - My score: 91.8. 
Cavilers - My score: 91.0. 

I thought you said you were unbiased... Weird, didn't you march BC?

This is why I have zero trust in your view of the top shows. You clearly have some bias. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

You are quite the psychic!

Thank you but I'm not psychic. I've just heard thousands of performances since I went to my first show in '74 as a little boy.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Liahona said:

my only beef tonight..was the utter disrepect some lady showed for our national anthem...I was in line to get in...national anthem started I stopped turned toward flag and put hand on heart..and didnt move..she pushed right through me..told her kids to keep moving and was so disrepectful...I stood my ground...silent...I waited dor anthem to be over and let her have an earful afterwords..she didnt even get very far in line...what has this country come to with this dissrepect..ao disgusted with her and the example she set for her kids..she should be ashamed...I mean seriously ashamed...ok my rant is over now...

So freaking what? I'm sick and tired of the national anthem being so overplayed at every little event in this country. I would have laughed in your face and just walked away if I was that woman. I'm not gonna stand around and worship a flag like so many others feel the need to do. I know many are gonna disagree with me and that's more than fine.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Asguard said:

World ClassView Recap
1Carolina Crown93.150
2Bluecoats92.825
3The Cavaliers92.450
4The Cadets90.500
5Phantom Regiment86.350
6Crossmen84.800

So I guess Carolina Crown and Bluecoats had better watch their backs. Here come the Cavaliers. I mentioned this earlier on another thread, but visually speaking The Cavaliers are about as good as anyone, BD and SCV included. Their marching excellence is right there with the best, and their visual program is demanding and well crafted. Hard drill. I imagine their visual analysis numbers are very good. They also have a killer guard, excellent percussion, and a strong brass line. My only complaint about their show is music construction and music GE. It's a little choppy for my taste. Not sure what their ceiling is, but that is one corps than can perform. 

• Like 6

Just now, Treefidy said:

I thought you said you were unbiased... Weird, didn't you march BC?

This is why I have zero trust in your view of the top shows. You clearly have some bias. 

we all have "some bias" 

• Like 1