Most Technically Excellent Show You Have Seen (Live)

There is already a nice thread about your most favorite show, so I thought it would be nice to get some thoughts on the most technically excellent show.

What I am looking for here are not your favorites shows, or your favorite corps playing your favorite music. I'd like you to think about the most technically excellent drum corps you have ever seen, preferably live in person. This could be a corps whose show was not so entertaining (or maybe it was) and where demand was very high and the performance of brass, percussion, guard, and marching excellence were simply masterful. This may also include a corps that stages well or uses props well. But mainly we are looking for technical excellence of the marching member, not whether the staff gave the corps a great general effect product or whether fans liked the show. 

6 minutes ago, jwillis35 said:

There is already a nice thread about your most favorite show, so I thought it would be nice to get some thoughts on the most technically excellent show.

What I am looking for here are not your favorites shows, or your favorite corps playing your favorite music. I'd like you to think about the most technically excellent drum corps you have ever seen, preferably live in person. This could be a corps whose show was not so entertaining (or maybe it was) and where demand was very high and the performance of brass, percussion, guard, and marching excellence were simply masterful. This may also include a corps that stages well or uses props well. But mainly we are looking for technical excellence of the marching member, not whether the staff gave the corps a great general effect product or whether fans liked the show. 

Cadets 2005 and BD 2014

• Like 8

BD 2009. I hated how easy the show was (or at least appeared), but the corps was extremely clean nonetheless.

• Like 3

BD 2014. Glendora and Riverside CA. Greatest performance these eyes have ever witnessed on a football field. Should be against the law to be that good.

• Like 2

BD 09 for me as well. I saw them in Atlanta, and while they didn't bring me to my feet as quickly as SCV did that night, it was super impressive how technically clean they were. 

• Like 3

Technically: 2002 The Cavaliers.

But while it was the best technically proficient show I have ever seen, and it was fascinating to watch, I also found it boring in the entertainment sense, especially compared to something like 2008 Regiment or 1999 Madison Scouts..

Edited by Stu