Most Technically Excellent Show You Have Seen (Live)

Blue Devils 1999 all season was technically so proficient top to bottom along with being exciting.  Their finals run was disappointing not being nearly as good as prelims and semis...especially percussion.  Not too mentioned SCV laid down the gauntlet like I've never seen anyone do on Finals.

BD 14 at Allentown. I literally turned to my friends when they were done and said "what are they supposed to DO for the next week? Everything is already spotless."

The response was three different versions of "weed." :lle:

Edited by MotoSurfBass
Me bad at grammar.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Stu said:

okey dokey, if you say so.

That's what this thread is for: to let everyone say so.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stu said:

Were you there in the '80s up top to see the drill creations of Brubaker, Zingali, and Brazale, the fathers of this type of movement?

Mostly no. (I attended just one drum corps show in the 1980s.) I wasn't up top in the Epidaurus to see the plays of Aeschylus, Euripides, Aristophanes, and Sophocles, the fathers of Western theater. I still feel comfortable crediting Shakespeare as the greater dramatist.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, wilme861 said:

Is anyone surprised that a good number of responses are picking one of the four shows (02 Cavaliers, 05 Cadets, 09 BD, 14 BD) that have scored a 99 or higher? Not all people are but a good majority are anyways.

Those are some really clean and technically proficient shows. When you score a 99 or above you are likely winning most captions. Cadets 2005 won every caption and every sub caption.  It's the ONLY time in DCI History (even over BD 2014) that a drum corps pitched a perfect game with nothing but 1s across the recaps. That, my friends, is the definition of technically proficient and excellence in performance. 

1 hour ago, MotoSurfBass said:

BD '14 at Allentown. I literally turned to my friends when they were done and said "What are they supposed to DO for the next week? Everything is already spotless."

Wasn't spotless at Finals. Not saying it didn't deserve to win, just that even a casual observer could spot a few flaws.

Thought of another one, 2016 Crown finals night. Super clean corps with some of the tightest music and cleanest visuals across the board ever. Just a phenomenal corps. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, hughesmr said:

1991-1993 Star

1985, 2015 Cadets

2013, 2015 Crown

2015 Crown is an interesting choice considering it's a show that got passed up on finals night due to a lack of technical proficiency