Most Technically Excellent Show You Have Seen (Live)

2 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Mostly no. (I attended just one drum corps show in the 1980s.) I wasn't up top in the Epidaurus to see the plays of Aeschylus, Euripides, Aristophanes, and Sophocles, the fathers of Western theater. I still feel comfortable crediting Shakespeare as the greater dramatist.

To state that you personally think something (as in the artistic creations by Shakespeare) is better than something else (as in the artistic creations by Aeschylus, Euripides, Aristophanes, and Sophocles)  is fine and can have validity as your opinion; 'provided, of course, that you are just as deeply and intimately familiar with Aeschylus, Euripides, Aristophanes, and Sophocles as you are with Shakespeare'. But it takes a wealth of experience, knowledge, and wisdom concerning All Dramatists throughout The Entire History of Drama to lay clam that Shakespeare was in fact The Greatest Of All Time,  So here is my question concerning your DCI claim: Since you just admitted that you are not as deeply intimate and familiar with the artistic creations of Zingali, Brubaker, and Brazale as you are with the design movements of Crown '13, how can you determine with any real credibility that Crown '13 (which by the way was a rotation pass-through type motion that the aforementioned designers accomplished before you said that you watched DCI) was likely The Greatest Move Of All Time?

Edited by Stu
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, wilme861 said:

Is anyone surprised that a good number of responses are picking one of the four shows (02 Cavaliers, 05 Cadets, 09 BD, 14 BD) that have scored a 99 or higher? Not all people are but a good majority are anyways.

I chose Cavaliers 2002 because it was so well performed and I believe, it was the best brassline they've ever had.  And that still stands.  If their brass this year was like they were that year, they'd be placing higher. 

I seriously don't know what they scored that year.  

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Stu said:

To state that you personally think something (as in the artistic creations by Shakespeare) is better than something else (as in the artistic creations by Aeschylus, Euripides, Aristophanes, and Sophocles)  is fine and can have validity as your opinion; 'provided, of course, that you are just as deeply and intimately familiar with Aeschylus, Euripides, Aristophanes, and Sophocles as you are with Shakespeare'. But it takes a wealth of experience, knowledge, and wisdom concerning All Dramatists throughout The Entire History of Drama to lay clam that Shakespeare was in fact The Greatest Of All Time,  So here is my question concerning your DCI claim: Since you just admitted that you are not as deeply intimate and familiar with the artistic creations of Zingali, Brubaker, and Brazale as you are with the design movements of Crown '13, how can you determine with any real credibility that Crown '13 (which by the way was a rotation pass-through type motion that the aforementioned designers accomplished before you said that you watched DCI) was likely The Greatest Move Of All Time?

Where did those goalposts go?

1 minute ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Where did those goalposts go?

You failed to address my question. How can you quantity the Crown '13 rotation pass-through move as likely being The Greatest Move Of All Time without being able to accuratly address those same type moves created live by the aformentioned designers?

Just now, Stu said:

You failed to address my question. How can you quantity the Crown '13 rotation pass-through move as likely being The Greatest Move Of All Time without being able to accuratly address those same type moves created live by the aformentioned designers?

I know they must be around here somewhere.

• Like 1